Why become a member? ×

BC's favourite guitar improver?

The Admiral

It got too close to exposing the forum to libel and defamation issues, and some seemed unable to refrain from going down that road each time so, with some regret, the subject was rendered taboo. A shame for those with valid comments or witticisms to offer, but the potential legal threat was judged real enough to warrant this decision. A lesson, maybe, when other subjects go too far..?

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1411150978' post='2557085']
What happened to our old friend, I haven't managed to find any of his work recently, or is this now a bit like discussing Rickenba*kers - very non PC?
[/quote]

You can [b]discuss[/b] Rickenbackers as much as you like - there are several long running threads about them on here.

As for the 'old friend', Douglas has summed it up succinctly.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1411161560' post='2557244']
I have no doubt that Mr BCFGI's labours have brought affordable quality into the hands of vulnerable, hard working little people up and down the country at a time when it was neither profitable nor popular.

Will that take some of the heat off, d'ye think?
[/quote]
Don't forget the big people, like builders with big hands!

Yes, some of the threads did get nastily personal and that's a shame. I will point out that there's nothing to stop anyone from following his listings on eBay in order to appreciate his inimitable selling style though, as he's still very much in business! A quick search for "Wide neck guitar" will invariably turn up some of his work...

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1411162574' post='2557254']
Yes, some of the threads did get nastily personal and that's a shame. I will point out that there's nothing to stop anyone from following his listings on eBay in order to appreciate his inimitable selling style though, as he's still very much in business! A quick search for "Wide neck guitar" will invariably turn up some of his work...
[/quote]

Ah yes, found straight away. If you don't fancy a wide neck guitar, he's also got a Pacifica, which still had the tags on, which he's hard tailed with a block under the plate, and a very innovative fitting of a J pick up to a P, plus a replacement tuner, which has been 'jauntily' positioned.

The highlight though is the Fender Jag body, with a Peavey Predator neck fitted. ( having been first sanded to a tele style headstock shape), and with a positive United Nations of tuner finishes, black, gold, and silver.

Fascinating.

Edited by The Admiral