Why become a member? ×

Norman, By Norman

toneknob

Norman Watt-Roy plays the "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" bassline solo on his own and unaccompanied:

[url="http://www.theblockheads.com/page/player/norman_plays_hit_me"]http://www.theblockh...an_plays_hit_me[/url]

Have you been playing it right all this time? (I haven't)

Edited by toneknob

[quote name='E sharp' timestamp='1410987074' post='2555426']
I'm getting nothing . No pictures or sound , just a pop up wanting me to install something
[/quote]

When I opened it, it just needed Quicktime to run I think.

Regarding the bass line, there is a little run near the end which I have been doing wrong (or maybe just differently) which I will try and get my head round. I think what I have been playing sounds Ok though. Just managed to get it up to speed as well after months of trying.

In the old days that audio clip was on the Blockheads web site as an mp3, for some reason it's up there now as a QT movie but audio only which seems a bit daft, it's handy having the MP3 in the same folder as the original tune, the backing track sans bass mp3's and the dots so I can tell refer to it to see just how inaccurate my take is on the line :blush:

It's a Quick Time file so you either need the QT plug-in for your browser or alternatively right click on the web page to download the whole page to your desktop and convert the .mov file to mp3 using some free software from the internet.