Why become a member? ×

New website, feedback / ideas please!

Jesso

The last time I put together a new website, Si was here to help, and help he did, as usual far beyond the call of duty. I couldn't believe how much time and effort he put into helping me. He made a huge difference, and I learned a lot from him. He was an amazing person, there's no doubt about that. I miss the back and forth banter, even though it was always over email.

Anyway, the old site was starting to look a bit dated, so I went and updated it.
It all seems good so far, but I know that amongst you eagle eyed bass chatters there are sure to be some good observations / suggestions.
So, if you see anything that doesn't make sense, or could be done better, let me know, I'm not sensitive and don't mind criticism.
All I'll ask is that you put yourself in the shoes of the potential clients.... 9 times out of ten that will be a newly engaged couple looking to book the perfect band for their big night.
Also, we spent quite a bit on our videos this time around, so any feed back on them would be cool too.

The website is www.thepanoramics.com

Thanks everyone.

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1410965354' post='2555143']
Within 30 seconds of looking, impressions I get..............super clean, easy to navigate and obvious you guys know what you are doing.

In a world where band websites can often be pretty naff, looks great to me.
[/quote]

Thanks, that's a good start anyway! I'm happy with the site, but I know there's always something that can be improved on. Or at least there's a good possibility that I've a few typos in there.... or sentences that don't make sense.

[quote name='Lee Carter' timestamp='1410967746' post='2555174']
Looks good my only comment would if you have facebook and twitter add the icons next to the mail icon in the header.

Being really pedantic, remove the white space from your source, it will speed up loading times.
[/quote]

Good idea. I have the FB and Youtube icons only at the bottom of the home page. I'll see what I can do with that.
Do you mean the white space from the images? (i.e. the logo) or do you mean general white space between sections?
Thanks

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1410970233' post='2555205']
Minor minor things I have noticed

Chasing Cars is on the first dance list twice

I think it's Jailbreak not Jail Break ( but could be wrong )

It's Dreadlock Holiday not I don't like cricket etc ( but may be best left alone for recognition purposes lol )

T
[/quote]

Good stuff that's great thanks!
Yeah you're right, a lot of people were telling us not to play Dreadlock holiday, I think because they thought it was a different song. I don't know anyone who doesn't like that song when they actually hear it!
You're right, it is Jailbreak. Changing that all now.