Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sadowsky NYC Jazz 5
£2350

muppethenry

2nd PRICE DROP: [s]£2350[/s] [s]£2200[/s] £2000

Up for sale is my 5 string Sadowsky NYC Jazz:

Ive had it since 2010, think it was made in the late 90s and has a very early serial number - I've emailed Sadowsky to try and find out a bit more but haven't heard back yet. Fitted with Bartolini pickups, probably not original and the overall condition is fairly good but quite a few small knocks/scrapes as she's been well loved, well played and well travelled! Nothing to affect sound or feel at all - just some small cosmetic scratches/nibbles that you'd expect from a bass this old. The finish is amazing and pretty eye arresting!

The sound is huge - very tight and punchy with big bottom end, it's built like a tank and the neck is pretty slim too so plays nice and quick. Great tonal character and an amazing sounding bass.

Bass Gallery in Camden valued her around £2,500 which was probably a touch steep in the current climate and considering the new cost but it's a special bass so open to offers but not looking for trades.

She's gorgeous and it's hard to let go, but selling because it just sits on the studio wall most of the year round now as I'm producing more and playing less.

---------------------------------------------------

Here's the info I got through from Sadowsky:

Body Wood: Quilt Maple top on Ash
Fingerboard: Maple
Finish 59 Burst
Hardware: Black
Pickups: Bartolini
Build Date: Dec 1995

Edited by muppethenry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...