Why become a member? ×

HOW many bands???

indiegrungesound

Ok, I'm just about to go to rehearsals with a new band I've joined. I've also got an audition for another band tomorrow night. So, in light of the fact that I could be in two active bands again, I was just wondering how many bands the good people of Basschat play in at any one time.

I should mention that two guys I know who have both said they were in four at one point.

Depends on how much time you have to dedicate to music?

I find with work and family commitments I only really want to be doing two rehearsals a week (one at the weekend usually and one week night evening), so thats two bands at a time for me, plus a few other bits and bobs that don't require a regular commitment.

My signature has four bands but that is a bit misleading ... the real number varies week to week between two and five. :rolleyes:

Right now The Junkyard Dogs and Karena K are both active, Dani Molino has gone to the States to "find himself" (I tried to tell him that I knew where he was, but he wouldn't listen), and King Ralph has gone dormant until next Spring.

Meanwhile I have one new project just getting under way, and another one on the back burner.

Life's too short to waste it. B)

1 main band and a few ongoing projects which I don't want to get out of hand.
For me, it is all about the quality of gigs rather than the amount and I have invested too much time, effort
to get where we are, and that is a lot to give up.
I keep toying with the idea of a groove band band but I just know this will be a big logistical effort which
I am not sure I want to take on. If it was just about the music, I would do it, but its going to take
more than that, for sure.
But then again, if you don't start it...it will never get going, so...????

I'm in 2 at the moment, rock covers band doing regular gigs, a blues/classic rock covers band which doesn't really take up a great deal of time as they don't gig very regularly, they just call me when they need me. About to embark on an originals project with our drummer and a guitarist friend of his who's been writing his own stuff which he described to me as bluesy/soul/funky/indie/rock type stuff so god knows what I'm getting into there. Drummer and myself were also planning on putting together a more function/party type band just to broaden our horizons and get some decent gigs, if that comes off I'll probably jack one of the cover bands.

I'm currently in 1 gigging-a-lot band, 1 not-gigging-much band, 1 depping-a-lot band and....err..... that's it!

This is a disaster. A couple of years ago I was in 7 bands but this year alone I've lost the rock n roll band, the soul band and the originals band.

I don't like putting all my eggs in 1 basket.

In two on a part time basis. One's a bedroom prog metal project where we only meet about once a month on average, the other is a pub covers band where we'll go quiet for several months then have a series of gigs over a few months, with a big push to learn a new set list prior to that.

I'm busy with work, family and my main passion which is cycling...so the above is about as much as I could handle at the moment. The other guys are very good (far better than me) so we only need to rehearse a few times after our long breaks to be gig worthy.