Why become a member? ×

tobias standard 5 PRICE DROP £600 .. SOLD...
£700

andysg42

.tobias Standard 5 string bass. only 400 made ,classic through neck tones, bartolini pickups with bart tct pre with adjustable mid pot in rear,good condition,bit of buckle rash on the rear,comes with gig bag. contact Andy. 07886232444.[..

[attachment=171338:CIMG2333.JPG][

Edited by andysg42

I'm sort of a Tobias knowledgeable person;)
This is a Tobias Standard 5 which was made in Nagoya Japan and assembled in Burbank USA by Mikes crew.
Great basses indeed!

The line was Standard (Japan) Model T (made by Pedulla) Basic,Classic, Signature (Burbank)

[quote name='basspro557' timestamp='1410354769' post='2548465']
String spacing on these and All pre gibsons are 17.5 mm and 34 inch scale.
[/quote]
+1

Years ago, I had a pre Gibson Tobias Classic 5, and it was one of the most resonant and funky sounding basses that I've ever had! Same Bart pick ups and pre as this, so this Standard model should be one hell of a great sounding bass! Good price too for a quality through neck instrument, IMO.

In the end, I couldn't really ever get used to the 17.5 mm string spacing, but it was fun while it lasted...:)

GLWTS

Cheers Nick,seems a bit slow at the mo,suppose every one is feeling the pinch. not worried if she dosnt go. got smith 5 string gas at the mo. lovely tone, can tell its a trough neck.string spacing is ok for me,very quick for finger style.slapping no probs. remember bying a bass from you awhile back, think i bought a ksd 705 from you, nice bass.. cheers nick off to a gig...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1410721571' post='2552356']

+1

Years ago, I had a pre Gibson Tobias Classic 5, and it was one of the most resonant and funky sounding basses that I've ever had! Same Bart pick ups and pre as this, so this Standard model should be one hell of a great sounding bass! Good price too for a quality through neck instrument, IMO.

In the end, I couldn't really ever get used to the 17.5 mm string spacing, but it was fun while it lasted...:)

GLWTS
[/quote]

A standart has different pickups, instead of the revers split coils the US tobiasses have (that are also curved) this one has humbucker soapbars so it'll sound a little darker. Anyway I talked about these with Mike himself, and he Spoke very highly of these, so yeah if your into Tobias basses these are very sweet and also gentile on the wallet! I always wanted a black one tho;)

• 2 weeks later...