Why become a member? ×

Maple necked, sunburst body Precision copy parts bass. NOW £100
£160

tommorichards

[size=4]So here is my attempt at parting together a bass to make up for my lack of a real vintage G&L SB1 bass, as per red fang. But i need money more than i need a tribute so it needs to go.

The bass itself comprises of:

-Unbranded body, unknown wood, with possibly a nitro finish.
-Encore neck, with rosewood truss slot cover on the back of the neck, vintage tint and bullet truss rod..
-Unknown origin Precision pickup, with alnico magents (no magnet bar on bottom)
-Unknown origin black bridge
-Original tuners, really good and keeping tune#[/size]
[size=4]-Epiphone neck plate
-Self made black scratchplate.

The bass itself sounds ace, proper precision tone, I will includ a link of me playing it once its uploaded to youtube, which is a bit sloppy in some places.

There are a few minor issues with the bass as far as i can see:[/size]
[size=4]-one is that because the bridge is non original, i wasnt able to mount it precisely anough, and the stings dont go exactly over the poles of the pickups, which can be fixed by getting a new pickguard or repositioning the bridge, [/size]
[size=4]-The bass may need new strings. Well, unless you dont mind that the G string is comprised of 2 separate ones.[/size]
[size=4]-i reshaped the headstock to get the old G&L shape, and i may not have done it perfectly, a picture is included. Its a bit yellower than the rest, and not as shiny.[/size]
[size=4]-A little bit of pock marking on the body, but what do you expect.....[/size]
[size=4]-To get the neck to fit (it was a bit too small for the neck pocket), i used slivers of wood and then coloured them in to mostly match the sunburst.

Open to trades and part exs, any questions, just ask. I can post, but i think its around £20-25 for that. Im based in new brighton, Wirral of you fancy a tryout or for pickup.[/size]

[size=4]Anyway, pics:[/size]

[size=4][/size]

[size=4][/size]

[size=4][size=4][/size]

[size=4][size=4][/size][/size][/size]

Edited by tommorichards

I have the object of your desire, an 85 G&L SB1, owned it since 1989. Yours looks very good. The G&L is well built, but so are many, many basses these days at sensible money. Why not put an MFD pickup in yours and there would not be much difference. I have a Kramer with a DiMarzio P bass pickup - the DiMarzio is not far off the MFD pickup and can be picked up on BC for not much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...