Why become a member? ×

Be careful when locking in with your drummer!

SpaceChick

Didn't have time to post this yesterday, but yesterday was certainly a first for me!!

So, our drummer plays to a click track (important for all the Floyd sound effects), he's an amazing drummer and a pleasure to play with.

Yesterday, we were running through Brain Damage, and all of a sudden his drumming became more erratic. I thought we'd probably lost our way against the click and he was trying to get back on track, so did my absolute best to try and lock back in, which threw off our keys and guitarist.

We limped through to the end of the track and the drummer got up, started screaming and running around the rehearsal hall grabbing his crotch.

In amongst his cries he said "Debs, why on earth did you follow me?" I replied "It's my job to lock in with you, I thought you were trying to get us back on track against the click track".

His reply to me was "Your timing was all spot on, I just had cramp in my bollocks"

I shouldn't laugh.... But.... :lol:

However, I think I went up in his estimations slightly for desperately trying to lock in with him, despite his obvious temporary issues!!

Eeeeeek !!!!

classic though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1409583117' post='2541137']
Can you even get bollock cramp? Sounds hilarious and painful at the same time
[/quote]
I once got it in my yunky patch .....ya know the bit between berty bum hole & Ya nut sack .....looks a bit like a Klingons forehead. That hurt like nothing i've felt before.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1409584340' post='2541170']
Eeeeeek !!!!

classic though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I once got it in my yunky patch .....ya know the bit between berty bum hole & Ya nut sack .....looks a bit like a Klingons forehead. That hurt like nothing i've felt before.
[/quote]

Ah you mean the gooch!

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1409583786' post='2541155']
I think your drummer needs to get his tackled checked over. I've never heard of bollock cramp.

Your duty as bass player does NOT extend to offering this service :D
[/quote]

Phew!!

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1409584652' post='2541175']
I can lock this thread, you know....
[/quote]

Spoil sport ;)