Why become a member? ×

Cort Arona 4

dincz

I'd bet the black one is alder and it's the Cort website with the error, that's a better wood to use than swamp ash when you want a solid finish; Cort seem to use swamp ash for open pore finishes and there's about a 100 euro difference in full price between the two. Thomann are discounting the open pore brown burst swamp ash model by about 29% and the black alder body model by about 58%, hence the major difference between them.

I had a 5 string one. Check the review section. Shut your eyes and it's a Sandberg, I can say that with some authority as I also owned a Sandberg Basic which is really what this is. Stunning Bass and a gift at the price.

Edited by BassBunny

I had one for a day a few weeks back (from Thomann and around £250 for the brown open pore version)
Was a very nicely finished bass all round that sounded. Great build quality, lovely hardware, zero fret etc,. but unfortunately the volume pot was dodgy so had to send back.

Did get another as I am so fickle I had already been looking at other basses!

When they were first launched, they were around £375 from Thomann and then went up to around £550, so at £197 it's a steal.
What I really don't understand is why Sandberg didn't do what Lakland, (Skyline) and G&L, (Tribute) etc. etc. did and call it a Sandberg.
It has Sandberg hardware, a Sandberg designed pre-amp, Sandberg Logo and their name of the Truss Rod Cover yet it is marketed as a Cort.
It is exactly the same as a Sandberg Basic except made in Indonesia.
Cort make astonishing instruments including the Lakland, G&L series already mentioned and also make for Fender, Ibanez and a whole lot more, but stick Cort on the headstock and nobody wants to know.