Why become a member? ×

Just Arrived!

birdy

Just got this from the states and its fantastic. Its a 97 model with the coveted Lane Poor pick up and it sounds huge. I have had a flea bass before and regret selling it but prefer the understated colour of this one as opposed to the sparkle finish of the previous one. Its light as well!

That's fab that is, best looking Flea I've seen, you're right about the colour too, the sparkly ones are a bit loud. I think it's the same model/colour Steffan Lessard uses in the Dave Mathews band.

Thanks guys, I have been playing her most of the day and I am suprised how versatile she is. The previous flea bass I had was more of a one trick pony. Not sure if the electronics on this are original as its got a stacked bass and treble knob, volume and what I think is a middle. Supposedly Bartolini 9v preamp - I will get my screwdriver out later.

With a little bit of treble added you can get a really nice sizzle.

I know what you mean about the sparkly finishes, I had a silver sparkle and thought it was just a touch too much to gig with so this is ideal. The black sparkle is really nice however and theres one on eBay in the states but he won't ship to the UK.

Will try and get some sound clips sorted in the not too distant future!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...