Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

Ever since I missed out on a Fiesta Red Limelight P, with J width neck - I've been kicking myself
However, I recently became a convert to the P/J arrangement of pickups....
So I decided to order my very own Fiesta Red P/J from Mark, having reached a milestone in work
This bass is absolutely amazing in every way. I've not played a pre-cbs Fender, but I imagine this is how they would feel and sound
Very very pleased with my present to myself. Pics courtesy of Mark at Limelight :):):) 

EDIT: PS. Hutton... they are worth the wait 

20171227_115403.jpg

20171227_115421.jpg

20171227_115434.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ead said:

Not altogether a bad price when seen next to an MIM Roadworn bass.  A lot more individual attention to detail I feel and they don't all look exactly the same :)

Yes indeed. Though the Roadworn series are superb basses IMO and the relicing does look great
But as you say, each Limelight  has slightly different relciing. You can specify the amount of relicing when you order one, but even 2 people specifying the same "level" of relicing will get slight differences
The relicing on my Limelight is absolutely superb, I must say

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Yes indeed. Though the Roadworn series are superb basses IMO and the relicing does look great
But as you say, each Limelight  has slightly different relciing. You can specify the amount of relicing when you order one, but even 2 people specifying the same "level" of relicing will get slight differences
The relicing on my Limelight is absolutely superb, I must say

Going to get some pictures back of the other colours I was interested in, then I'll order them. I was contemplating doing a B&B Precision, but on second thoughts, that would be immensely wrong.

Edited by Fisheth
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Fisheth said:

Going to get some pictures back of the other colours I was interested in, then I'll order them. I was contemplating doing a B&B Precision, but on second thoughts, that would be immensely wrong.

Actually, I quite like a Precision with B&B :o
But that may just mean I'm an odd-bod.....

Of course, you are "allowed" to have a B&B Precision - just as long as you have one without B&B - to balance things up
...or maybe even two, and possibly a fretless ;)

Edited by Marc S

On 04/02/2018 at 08:06, wateroftyne said:

Ah, just clicked... that's the Sherwood Green, yes? At first I thought it was aged LPB...

Yeah, when I said that I couldn't decide on my FB people were mentioning "purple" 

It doesn't look that purple, does it? I'm slightly colorblind so I can't really tell, haha! 

4 minutes ago, Fisheth said:

Yeah, when I said that I couldn't decide on my FB people were mentioning "purple" 

It doesn't look that purple, does it? I'm slightly colorblind so I can't really tell, haha! 

Ah, bit of confusion there. From top-to-bottom:

Lake Placid Blue

Burgundy Mist

Sherwood Green (often mistaken for aged LPB - the passage of time, and the right amount of sunlight & nicotine can leave them very similar)