Why become a member? ×

The 'Show us your Limelight!' thread

wateroftyne

48 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I've just ordered a Limelight P from Mark

Hi Dunk, welcome, i too recently spoke to mark about a jazz build and was told it would be about 16 weeks, I don’t think I can wait that long 😁, so I’m hoping to get one sooner if I can, I’ll look forward to seeing yours when it’s done 👍

Thanks Reggaebass.. it’s a long wait.. I recently sold my 1959 Precision after 20yrs of ownership and have asked Mark to replicate it.. although I took the opportunity to ‘refin’ to black as mine had a stripped finish for all the time I had it.. I spoke to him on the phone and exchanged many emails so I’m confident it’ll be great.. have you decided to spend your cash on something you can get your hands on sooner or pick up a used Limelight? I see they come up occasionally on here? 

56 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Thanks Reggaebass.. it’s a long wait.. I recently sold my 1959 Precision after 20yrs of ownership and have asked Mark to replicate it.. although I took the opportunity to ‘refin’ to black as mine had a stripped finish for all the time I had it.. I spoke to him on the phone and exchanged many emails so I’m confident it’ll be great.. have you decided to spend your cash on something you can get your hands on sooner or pick up a used Limelight? I see they come up occasionally on here? 

A 59  limelight precision, now that sounds good ,  and yeah I’m hoping to pick up a used one , they do come up but not very often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/04/2020 at 20:25, wateroftyne said:

Just spotted a load more 'past builds' have been added to the Limelight website...

https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/limelight-custom-gallery/

My 70’s Jazz (00233) is looking good on there although the Olympic white looks a lot brighter on the web than in real life which has a more Matt cream finish. Just noticed a lovely PJ on there now so another email to Mark may be forthcoming

3 minutes ago, Floyd Pepper said:

My 70’s Jazz (00233) is looking good on there although the Olympic white looks a lot brighter on the web than in real life which has a more Matt cream finish. Just noticed a lovely PJ on there now so another email to Mark may be forthcoming

Yeah - I'm thinking light relic charcoal frost PJ...

• 1 month later...

My new Black and Rosewood P has arrived! Utterly stunning and sounds exactly like you think just from looking at it..! I don’t know how Mark does it but he does! 

I have a charcoal frost P also on order.. watch this space.... 

E0C6999B-1757-4874-9C4C-E8B0A90D0AE9.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dunk said:

My new Black and Rosewood P has arrived! Utterly stunning and sounds exactly like you think just from looking at it..! I don’t know how Mark does it but he does! 

Very nice Dunk, what was the build time 🙂

Only about 12 weeks Reggaebass.. I was quite lucky as Mark quotes 12-16 usually.. it’s the first bass I’ve bought without actually seeing it first and I could not be happier.. he builds great basses.. I ordered two, the second will be tuned BEAD.. can’t wait to get that one.. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Beautiful!

I'm umm-ing and ahh-ing on a Charcoal frost myself. We'll see...

Just in case anyone is interested Mark sent me some pictures of a white over candy apple red precision he has made for stock, I was originally talking to him about making me a similar bass but with white blocks and he was struggling to access a neck. He e mailed me the pictures in case I would be interested it’s a stunning bass ,but at present with the fact it’s unlikely we’ll be gigging before the end of the year and the fact I already have 2 precision’s I really can’t justify another.

Thought i’d Post just for your perusal and on the off chance someone is looking for a precision, i’ve had 3 basses off Mark and they more than hold their own with any other bass I’ve owned. If anyone is interested I have some more photos just drop me a message 

295CB3D9-97B8-4355-AA80-E76A07D885DD.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dunk said:

Is it a matching black headstock too?

I also can see the famous Limelight Pickguard  crack is still in the same place!  :D:D

Edited by Hobbayne
Typo
  • Like 1

On 13/04/2020 at 11:12, wateroftyne said:

Just for fun, I put rounds on my LPB P yesterday (yes, that's how bored I am). It sounded nice...

Could you tell me who is singing on the track you're playing over Mr Wateroftyne? She sounds great.

If you like that kind of soul, you'll like Mamas Gun (in case you've never heard of them before).

I will definitely be ordering another one this year.

After the truss rod went on my Flea ‘61 Jazz bass, I replaced it with a Status neck.

Sometime later 🙄, Fender did actually supply me with a replacement Flea neck, so I’ve had this knocking about for a while. I’ve had a couple of ideas around what to do with it, but the more Limelight’s I see the more ideas keep popping into my head 😀.

5D0E9DBB-2FA6-437F-926F-F2F506E7F670.jpeg