Why become a member? ×

I kissed a girl & I liked it !!!!!

KiOgon

Or - I played a 5 & I liked it!

Amazing as it might seem :rolleyes: I've not had a fiver in my filthy greasy great mitts before :D & found it remarkably sweet to play, never thought the day would come :P

Now I'm frightened :blush: I can feel the GAS starting already :gas: oh dear, just as I thought I was clear :happy: bugger :unsure:

I'm pretty sure I play more 5 than 4 nowadays! They're just so practical when it comes to funny keys :) I've got GAS for a Warwick Thumb or Infinity though, so if anyone wants a 5 string US G&L... :lol:

I best behave there, I've not actually got it in a for sale thread!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1408649198' post='2532265']
Ha ha, a bit like me and the EUB experience at recent bass bashes. Never thought I could possibly play such an instrument, but now I'd really like one.
Maybe next year...
[/quote]
The best thing that came from breaking my wrist was taking up the eub then the DB, do it!

Remember that a 5 string bass, isn't just the extra notes.

It means you can play the low E, F, F#, G and G# in the centre of the bass, making this great for avoiding stretching down to the first frets. Aklo means you don't have to move about so much around the neck.

:)

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1408652372' post='2532313']
Have you been kissing my bass, John?

Or did I misread that?!! :D

Sorry if I I've tempted you towards the dark side...
[/quote]Well - errr - not exactly :blink: I might have rubbed it a bit :unsure: but it did seem to like it too :D

I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one,I don't need one, :P

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1408651578' post='2532303']
The best thing that came from breaking my wrist was taking up the eub then the DB, do it!
[/quote]

Stop it Pete, you've got me thinking.

I started on DB as a teen, maybe I should try an EUB as an arthritic old git.

Oh hell, I can feel the " there's a thought" building up. (Wonders off to for sale threads).

Spector Euro 5lx - if you ever come over to the dark side then you could do a lot worse than one of these; great value, easy to play (compact and ergonomic body, narrow string spacing means it's not too wide and 35" scale means the "b" string is tensioned nicely and never flabby) and great sounding.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1408654754' post='2532340']

Stop it Pete, you've got me thinking.

I started on DB as a teen, maybe I should try an EUB as an arthritic old git.

Oh hell, I can feel the " there's a thought" building up. (Wonders off to for sale threads).
[/quote]
Have a peek in the double bass section on here, you will be ready to explode with gas, for us with knackered wrists it's medicinal really :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1408710976' post='2532825']
Don't worry John, I went through this fiver business and came out the other end a committed four-string player. Just ride it out mate, it will pass. ;)
[/quote]
I think you're right Mark, I'm coming through it already :lol: just done some work on a Yamaha [s]boat anchor[/s] 5er, nowhere near as nice as what I was [s]playing[/s] working on yesterday ;) :D

Edited by KiOgon