Why become a member? ×

Vintage Tokai Hard Puncher - NOW £350! SOLD.
£500

tobiewharton

Black Vintage Tokai Hard Puncher with maple fretboard for sale. 1982 or earlier (spaghetti logo; serial number 1013717), though my research isn't comprehensive. This P-Bass copy plays absolutely beautifully (better than any Fender I've picked up) with a great sound to boot. Obviously worn, as expected for a bass of this age. Some dinks in the body work and neck lacquer and rusting to some screws. I've owned the bass for more than eleven years. Previous owner has fitted reverse pegs (I have originals) and in doing so superficially cracked the base of the headstock (see pictures). The bass has recently been set up with a nice low action. The playability really is exceptional. By all means come round to see and play (I live in Manchester). Very reluctant sale.[attachment=169578:IMAG0318.jpg][attachment=169579:IMAG0319.jpg][attachment=169580:IMAG0320.jpg][attachment=169581:IMAG0321.jpg][attachment=169582:IMAG0322.jpg][attachment=169583:IMAG0323.jpg][attachment=169584:IMAG0324.jpg]

*I forgot to mention that somebody's glued the knobs onto the pots - slightly annoying.

Edited by Rich

Thanks tobiewharton. I feel a mixture of relief and sadness - it is a little too heavy and a little too wide on the neck for me to find comfortable. But what a great bass - someone will enjoy this!