Why become a member? ×

SOLD Alleva Coppolo LG5 Tom Barney
£3000

Nick Brown

Moving on to pastures new and so up for sale my lovely ......

Alleva Coppolo LG5 Tom Barney built in 2013 !!

Not sure which of Jimmy's levels this is but I'm thinking by the specs it is a Classic. It certainly has some nice features that aren't standard.

Alder Body finished in a lovely gloss gold colour, the finish is beautiful with a slightly green tinge to it.
Flawless maple neck with not knots to dings or blemishes of any kind the headstock is also finished to match the body. Hipshot lightweight tuning machines with the lollipop pegs.
Fingerboard is a nice thick piece of Rosewood and is bound, the fretwork is just lovely and the bass plays beautifully. Pearloid block inlays.
Alleva Coppolo custom pickups and the Alleva Coppolo two band preamp are fitted on this bass, great sounding and very flexible and useable tone options.
Hipshot bridge with 18mm spacing.
Comes with an SKB case.

Things to mention none of which constitute serious problems but are mentioned for completeness:-

There is a slight discolouration to the neck plate, that looks just like a loss of gloss in that part of the plating.
I have fitted chrome straplocks.
The neck has a small shim of maple veneer to allow a more flexible action adjustment, this could be easily removed if preferred.
The truss rod nut, still works perfectly, has slight burring on one of the slots. I'm sure a replacement could be easily sourced from Jimmy, But as I say the adjustment works perfectly as is. I just mention it to cover all possible nitpicks up front :)

I'm looking for £3000 or nearest offer and would prefer local collection from NW Surrey.

Thanks for looking and now for the eye candy ......

[

Edited by Nick Brown

Is the finish nitro cellulose or acrylic?

If it's nitro then it would be a Classic, if it's acrylic it's a Standard :)

However, because it's bound & blocked it would also probably have a 'Custom' suffix. EG LG5 Classic Custom.

The difference in value is greater between the Classic & Standard rather than the Custom element if that makes sense!

Thanks for the clarification ..... makes a case for them having some kind of labelling to identify the level perhaps

Either way it is a stunning bass.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1408356754' post='2529224']
Is the finish nitro cellulose or acrylic?

If it's nitro then it would be a Classic, if it's acrylic it's a Standard :)

However, because it's bound & blocked it would also probably have a 'Custom' suffix. EG LG5 Classic Custom.

The difference in value is greater between the Classic & Standard rather than the Custom element if that makes sense!
[/quote]

Edited by Nick Brown

I've never really understood why AC's command such a huge price more than even the likes of sadowsky, lull etc etc

Until now

That is stunning bass

Just the picture of bounded fretboard is enough to see the uber quality this has.

If I sold all my basses and then doubled it I still wouldn't have enough to buy this beauty.

Glwts

:)

[quote name='Nick Brown' timestamp='1408369462' post='2529469']
Thanks for the clarification ..... makes a case for them having some kind of labelling to identify the level perhaps

Either way it is a stunning bass.
[/quote]

I'll try and get some more info from Jimmy for you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...