Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending
£1100

OliverBlackman

Up for sale or trade is my UK handmade Overwater Jazz bass.

It has a killer tone that surpasses any modern bass I have ever played. Thanks to an incredible combination of Kent Armstrong pickups and the John East Deluxe pre-amp, you really can go from old school to modern sizzle.

I think it has a smaller body shape, more like Fender's USA Deluxe models compared to vintage Fenders, which makes it incredibly comfy to play.

It also is 35" scale so benefits from a B string that is perfectly balanced with the other strings.

It does come with dings, as it is an older model. There are a few larger scuffs on the bottom of the bass (all pictured) and a red mark on the headstock. None of this effects the playing or sound in anyway.

All hardware is Hipshot. I believe its the type B bridge and they are ultralight turners.

I'm making a big loss on this so please keep offers sensible.

In terms of trades, I'm after something 4 string only and preferably with a maple fingerboard (unless its fretless). Also I'm not able to add cash to any trade but willing to trade to a bass of lower value with cash my way.

No case included, so I can't ship this bass! Collection only please.

Bass is located in London

Edited by OliverBlackman

[quote name='marcusbassp' timestamp='1408296888' post='2528754']
Lovely looking bass.

Have you owned it since new and if so how old is it roughly?

Where abouts in London are you based?

Marc
[/quote]

I've owned it for approximately 3 years, and when I bought it I emailed the guys at overwater. They said it could be late 90's/ early 2000's.

I'm in Canary Wharf, east London (Zone 2)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1408297477' post='2528765']
I think this is my old bass - one of my favourite ever J basses. Only sold it when I finally decided to sick to 4's :(
[/quote]

I'm sure it is Molan, and I'm selling for the same reason! If I was to own a 5 string i'd be keeping this one.

I was the third owner of this. The original buyer had it a fair while and posted a great video of it on YouTube but I think it's gone now. The person I bought it from also had it a while and sold it because he commissioned a new build from Overwater that added a few personal touches.

It's definitely a real quality instrument :)