Why become a member? ×

Squier precision standard

Greggo

As much as I like my now only bass,a Yamaha BB414, I'm gassing for a white precision so I can put a tort p/g which is my ideal look for a bass. I'm thinking of trying to swap or trade in.

What are people's experience of the standard squier in comparison to BB? I do find the pups in the Yam are hotter than I'd like and its harder to get a nice recorded tone on it than I used to get on a cheap Encore P I had years ago which is why I'm tempted to go P again (i doubt I'd miss the J in all honesty so versatility of the Yams p/j not really an issue)

I'm loving my Squier VM with its Duncan Designed pickup - it's my hottest bass (the rest are active, go figure) but very usable. Don't know about the Standard for build quality/tone, but I think there are a few VMs being sold on here from time to time (though maybe not in your colour preference).

[quote name='Biaeothanata-Bassist' timestamp='1407969741' post='2525984']
Go for the Squier vintage modified P bass or the Classic Vibe P bass. both are available in white and have better build quality/pickups/hardware than the standard series dude. I've played them both and they're both stunning basses to play.
[/quote]

Not sure the CV comes in white, but definitely another vote from me for the VM P. Howie's VM used to be mine and it was (still is I'm sure) a cracking example of a P bass.

[quote name='Biaeothanata-Bassist' timestamp='1407969741' post='2525984']
Go for the Squier vintage modified P bass or the Classic Vibe P bass. both are available in white and have better build quality/pickups/hardware than the standard series dude. I've played them both and they're both stunning basses to play.
[/quote]
This. I had a VMP and it was awesome

I didn`t know that they still did a "standard" model anymore. If you can find a white Mike Dirnt P bass, I would go for that. Had a couple of the black older models and they were nice for the cash and a bit different from the normal P.