Why become a member? ×

Chas & Dave......think it's Dave I'm on about here....

Leen2112

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]I'm not long back from The Cropredy Festival where much folk & Prog was on offer. Chas & Dave were on the bill too, and I viewed that listing with a bit of a chuckle as they had been playing Download or sonisphere earlier and clearly had been booked as light relief what with Steve Hackett (Nick Beggs on bass) & Marilion on the bill also.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Anyway, on they come and eh?? what’s this?? Proper playing? Chas or Dave....the one on bass was great. Being over 40 meant that i knew most of the songs as they had been regulars in the charts when i was younger but i had never noticed how busy the bass was. It was fantastic! Not that I’ll be buying gercha on single or anything but what a nice surprise. Better than Marillion who bored the crap out of me (not good at a festival....) Nick Beggs however was just on a different planet but that's another story.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2][/size][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Leen.[/size][/font]

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1407864075' post='2524847']
For some reason I watched a documentary about Chas and Dave a while back.
No idea why I decided to watch it, but I'm glad I did!

Those guys have a musical pedigree going back decades and are seriously good musicians.
[/quote]

I saw that and was glad I did. I quite like them, not got any of their stuff though that may change, but agree, the pair are really good musicians.