Why become a member? ×

squier vm jazz v opinions pls

mrtcat

Looking for a value 5er for use in our covers band. I currently (and pretty much always have / will) use my beloved fender USA 75 ri jazz. I need a low b for a couple of songs we do but don't want to spend a fortune for a posh five string. Squier do the vm jazz 5 in natural with maple board which basically looks like a five string version of my 75. Anyone have one or played one? For £300 new or about £150 used it looks like great value?

I bought one of those exact models last week. Natural Maple 70's VM jazz.

Absolutely loving it, great build quality, and a really nice neck, especially for a five. I reckon it's a bargain, and more than a match for some of the higher end MIM/MIJ Fenders that I tried while shopping.

If it got nicked. I'd buy it again, without a second though.

Looks like I may have to do it. Tempted to re do a headstock logo to match my 75ri, matching knobs etc then if it feels good it could be a project for future upgrades. May well become the most expensive cheap bass I ever own :lol:

Haha I wouldn't change the headstock logo for any reason other than to make it look like a match for my current 75. Its probably better than changing my 75ri's logo to a squier one cos if I make a mess of it I'll be doing it to the less expensive bass.