Why become a member? ×

[Sold]Listerud "Spyder-lookalike" Explorer Bass
£800

Thunder Fingers

If you cant aford finding an original Exploiter / Spyder or Buzzard, I got a very Entwistle-influenced bass for you!

Sadly this one doesn't see much use with me anymore as Diabetes have given me a frozen shoulder in young age, and explorer basses and other basses with long necks (Spectors sadly) aint very nice on it. I do however love how she sounds, looks and plays, so if it hadn't been for this I would have kept her.

It's a very "fast" bass and feels great with a pretty solid neck. I originaly ordered it in 2006 and recived it in early 2007, it cost me about 1800£ back then. I used it for everything I did between that and 2011 when I sold it the first time.

I bought it back last year after it had been a few rounds round Norway, and it have gotten a few quirks since the:

The output jack is moved to the side, and it appears that there's a little crack between the output jack and the control room, and the preamp will need 2 new pots, as the treble and middle pot doesn't react. apart from this the bass is in good condition.

general specs:
* 7 layered laminated Maple / Walnut / Ebony neckthrough neck.
* Ebony Fretboard with roman number inlays.
* Body wings is flame maple front and back, Walnut core.
* BassCulture Custom Pickups, P / reversed P in handmade soapbar housing.
* Noll preamp TCM-3 (In need of some TLC, I'll see if I get the time to fix it myself before it's sold)
* Oil finish on body and neck.
* Dunlop infelt Straplocks.
* Hipshot Tuners.
* ETS-Hardware Tuningfork bridge.
* Black Hardware
* Gator Case

The bass isn't that big and will actually fit in a Explorer gigbag for guitar.

A little fixing at a luthier and you will have a monster bass.

800£ shipped to you, I'm also open for offers.

Edited by Thunder Fingers

Stumbled over some (old "My claim to fame") live pictures with this bass, so if you wondered if this bass would look cheesy on stage, it won't:
[url="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.89257314481.82932.89255004481&type=3"]https://www.facebook...55004481&type=3[/url]

(This is with a melodic Death Metal band, With me this bass have gone from this to Pop Rock back again to Power Metal, so it is a realy versatile bass.. I don't do Jazz (much) but yeah, it can do that too)

I have been playing with the idea to get it repainted in Blueburst, but as I realy can't use it that much exept for in studio it's not worth it for me.. And this is a stage bass, it should be out and be seen as the piece of art it is.

edit:
and! It have a zerofret instead of a regular nut, makes the open strings sound realy focused.

Edited by Thunder Fingers

• 2 weeks later...