Why become a member? ×

"The Bass Guitar" Facebook group.

stubass

Stumbled across an open group on Facebook called "the bass guitar". Omfg! Guys tearing lumps out each other over their subjective opinions, the old, an seemingly constant "4/5/6 is better than 4/5/6" (delete where appropriate) argument and general character assassination. Ok most seem to be 'merican but some Brits too. Sometimes it's funny but it's rarely educating. I was always of the opinion that us bassy types were laid back, noble, wise and mildly intoxicated fellows with nothing but respect for our mutual love of the lower frequency, as we all are on here. Throw a book of faces at it and everyone loses their minds.

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1407480101' post='2520872']...laid back, noble, wise and mildly intoxicated fellows with nothing but respect for our mutual love...[/quote]

Nah; that's drummers..! :P[size=4] [/size]
[size=4] :lol:[/size]

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1407480101' post='2520872']
Stumbled across an open group on Facebook called "the bass guitar". Omfg! Guys tearing lumps out each other over their subjective opinions, the old, an seemingly constant "4/5/6 is better than 4/5/6" (delete where appropriate) argument and general character assassination. Ok most seem to be 'merican but some Brits too. Sometimes it's funny but it's rarely educating. I was always of the opinion that us bassy types were laid back, noble, wise and mildly intoxicated fellows with nothing but respect for our mutual love of the lower frequency, as we all are on here. Throw a book of faces at it and everyone loses their minds.
[/quote]
Yet another great reason for me to avoid FaecesBook.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1407485811' post='2520924']
Yet another great reason for me to avoid FaecesBook.
[/quote]
Just like forums, some facebook pages are good and some are bad. I've gained a lot of valuable bass related info on a couple of FB groups that i haven't found on here. I don't avoid anything that educates me.

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1407480101' post='2520872']
[/quote]

Isn't 4/5/6 the same as 4/5/6 , or am I being naive?

• 2 weeks later...