Why become a member? ×

Show off your short scales!

Evil Undead

• 4 months later...

Hi Jus,

I think you were replying to my post , as gsgbass Gibson SG above mine is awesome !

Anyway, mine *is* a set neck, 30" scale as opposed to the usual 30.5", and love the fact it has a 43mm nut also.

I have included a couple more pics inc 50's style SG wiring upgrade... just need a new switch then my life will be complete ...until the next thing I want to mess about with. :D

Cheers,

James.

DSC00947.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My two shorties that get used in the Glam Rock tribute act. The Mikey Way sig Mustang gets used most weekends, the Jag ss is a new addition that will be replacing my MM USA Sterling Sub for backup duties.

C493919E-654E-41D5-9D9D-D75301634B4C.jpeg

Edited by martthebass

Guest adi77
7 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Aaaand...? :D

While the classic Mustang shape with P/J 'hotrodding' initially out me off, I've been starting to think about these. How are you getting on with it?

I like it :) 

I usually need to setup MIM basses this one i just needed to tune and nothing else, i was surprised by how fat it sounded for some reason i though it would be a little twangy but i was wrong, right out of the box as they say :)

The switch is the only thing that may need some fixing and i wish it had a tummy cut otherwise i think it's a really good buy.

Guest adi77
Just now, ped said:

Hi mate it’s a ‘wingbass’, 17’’ scale :)

thanks ped :) have honestly never seen anything like it, how does it sound?

Guest adi77

heres a clip of the mustang if anyone's interested, both pickups, preamp gain from api tranzformer, compressor on 1st setting, eq bypassed, no plugins