Why become a member? ×

Show off your short scales!

Evil Undead

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

That's nice.

You had a white SG at one time, didn't you? 

Thanks Skank. I have not owned a white SG bass to the best of my recollection ... though to be fair, I may have done and forgotten Lemmy-style (“That was a great time, the summer of '71 – I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!”)

57 minutes ago, Clarky said:

I have not owned a white SG bass to the best of my recollection

I recall you had an SG when you were in Kismetik (?) and then flogged it about 12 years ago. I thought it was white but I've probably mis-remembered :lol:

Anyhow, enjoy the new arrival. It looks lush.

2 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I recall you had an SG when you were in Kismetik (?) and then flogged it about 12 years ago. I thought it was white but I've probably mis-remembered :lol:

Anyhow, enjoy the new arrival. It looks lush.

Aha, I did indeed have an SG bass in Kismetik (great memory!) But it was a regular cherry one

• Like 1

An update.

Fender MIM PJ Mustang. Converted to VVT arrangment with stacked volume knobs, courtesy of a KiOgon Loom. Gotoh bridge. Fingerboard rolled and fret ends smoothed and polished up. Plays like a dream, sounds just like I want it.

Squier Jaguar SS. All original, except for some Jazz knobs. My backup.

fullsizeoutput_366.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2019 at 12:10, EssentialTension said:

I got a Supro 2042P Huntington bass, two pickup version, in natural mahogany with a piezo under the bridge. Here's Dood's review of the single pickup version, followed by a review of the two pickup model.

Reviving an old thread here.... How's the neck on the Supro? 43mm does seem rather cumbersome.

This thread never dies! I could post the latest pics of my two short scales... much upgraded... but they look very much the same from the outside.

The Supro is def on my lust list... as are short scale Chowneys...

1 hour ago, foxyFuze said:

Reviving an old thread here.... How's the neck on the Supro? 43mm does seem rather cumbersome.

Especially for a short scale, the Supro is a chunky bass with mine weighing in at 8.5lbs/3.9kilos. The neck is more like a baseball bat or a pre-CBS Precision than a modern Jazz bass. Some people would indeed experience it as 'cumbersome'. The satin finish on the back of the neck does speed things up a little.

supro-huntington-ii-bass-with-piezo-natu

• Like 1

My short-scale journey started with a couple of '70s Gibson Les Paul Triumph basses back in the day and has led via various SGs and stuff from Maruszczyk, Squier, Ibanez, Spector and ACG to this unique pair.  You may already have seen the build diaries AndyJr posted.  The natural walnut 'Mervyn' came first (re-bodied Fender Rascal) and has been my main gig bass ever since - I just love it to pieces.  The more recent black 'back-up' started with the original left-over Rascal body that Andy re-shaped and used as the basis for a  Merv clone.  While both are probably keepers (Merv certainly is), I've still got a few s-s boxes to tick.  The obvious ones are a Fender Mustang and a Warwick RB Corvette - although more recent stuff such as the SBMM Ray are finding their way onto the s-s bass bucket list.

csa8Zbfl.jpg

RLM2-front.png

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...