Why become a member? ×

New Squier CV's!

theyellowcar

Look what I found

https://m.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_classicvibe_j_bass60_is.htm?ref=mal_a_2

https://m.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_classic_vibe_70s_p_bass.htm?ref=mal_a_3

https://m.thomann.de/gb/fender_sq_classic_vibe_p_bass_50_wb.htm?ref=mrl_a_4

If there's an Oly white version of the 70's P I'm in trouble!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1406972990' post='2516316']
Love the black Precision with maple/blocks.
[/quote]

+1 - almost caved a couple of years ago on the '60s P except I didn't like the "fiesta red" ( = pink) finish. That black one with the block inlays...I probably shouldn't be allowed in the same shop as one of them!

I wish I was Fender you know 'cause with the parts bin I'd have available there'd be endless hours of fun to be had creating cool new models to torment people with. That 50s P Bass looks especially lovely.

I wonder what Fender would say to a proposal for a "Squire Custom Shop" business? The idea would be that customers could specify a bass created from almost any combination of the currently available Squire parts. The parts would be ordered direct from the various Squire manufacturing companies, the basses put together (with any mild fettling necessary) and shipped direct to the end customer. I reckon the business would be swamped with orders.

Anyway, in reality, I know exactly how Fender would respond to that idea, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Phil

Edited by philw

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1406987448' post='2516465']
I wish I was Fender you know 'cause with the parts bin I'd have available there'd be endless hours of fun to be had creating cool new models to torment people with. That 50s P Bass looks especially lovely.

I wonder what Fender would say to a proposal for a "Squire Custom Shop" business? The idea would be that customers could specify a bass created from almost any combination of the currently available Squire parts. The parts would be ordered direct from the various Squire manufacturing companies, the basses together (with any mild fettling necessary) and shipped direct to the end customer. I reckon the business would be swamped with orders.

Anyway, in reality, I know exactly how Fender would respond to that idea, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Phil
[/quote]Send them an email, you never know.

[quote name='bh2' timestamp='1407001772' post='2516615']
Not so sure about that Jazz... did Fender ever do that colour combo in the 60's?

I'd have prefered Sonic blue or salmon/shell pink.
[/quote]If they did Philw's custom shop idea that'd be an option.

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1406987448' post='2516465']

I wonder what Fender would say to a proposal for a "Squire Custom Shop" business? The idea would be that customers could specify a bass created from almost any combination of the currently available Squire parts. The parts would be ordered direct from the various Squire manufacturing companies, the basses put together (with any mild fettling necessary) and shipped direct to the end customer. I reckon the business would be swamped with orders.

Phil
[/quote]

I love the idea Phil, and actually it makes relatively good sense for them commercially too - loads of parts sitting around doing nothing that could easily be bolted together and sold at a premium because of the customisation, without really impacting 'proper' Fender sales because it's 'still a Squier'.

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1407006084' post='2516652']
I love the idea Phil, and actually it makes relatively good sense for them commercially too - loads of parts sitting around doing nothing that could easily be bolted together and sold at a premium because of the customisation, without really impacting 'proper' Fender sales because it's 'still a Squier'.
[/quote]

Hmmm, I reckon it'd do exactly that - steal proper Fender sales. If I had say, £500 to spend on a custom, personally configured Squire or a standard MIM Fender, I'd go for the Squire.

It'd be an interesting thread to start actually: Configure your ideal Squire bass. You can select components from every currently available model.

P

Although it shouldn't, it may actually cost more than £500 as each guitar would have to be specifically put together rather than just coming off the production line in a run of 1,000 also may take longer than woudl be expected.
Still a great idea though as whenever I buy a Fender style bass I am immediately thinking of which bits I want to change. Being able to pick bridge type, neck type, any colour combination of existing offerings etc,. is sure to bring sales

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1407055454' post='2516870']
Done my own SQUIER custom p already. Sunburst with all maple white/pearl blocks/binding. And the black one also, but that's a Fender bitsa rather than Squier. The Squier wins, though. That's my go to bass.
[/quote]

I'm in the middle of a Squire bits build too. My black VM Jaguar HB already has a new mint green pick guard courtesy of Martin Sims, and will over the new few weeks have a maple fingerboard neck from a from Squire 50s Tele bass fitted. It already sounds very cool but will soon look equally cool.

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1407080624' post='2517102']
I'm sorry Tom. GAS is a burden we have to share as a community. No Basschatter should suffer in silence!
[/quote]

:lol:
9 out of 10, that's an excellent defence :happy: