Why become a member? ×

Gig / Breaking in Backstage / Festival Experience Post

DogHammer

So I did a post last week asking for any tips on my first festival gigging experience, I got lots of great replies about being nice to all the organisers/soundmen, taking earplugs, spare batteries, hat...

The gig went really well, it was at 2PM so the tent wasn't by any means full, but there were a decent amount of people in there. A lot of them were sat down but by the end of it were up and dancing, especially when I offered a free EP to anyone getting up and dancing.
The sound guys were really good, really professional and gave us a really good sound out in the crowd and onstage, especially as I made sure I went and introduced myself the day before and was early on the day. Also we were the only band to send them an official documented Tech Rider. A couple of photos here:

Notice the bass I use is the Spector Rebop MM bought from our very own WhyNot!

The big acts that I saw were, Buzzcocks, Happy Mondays, Toploader and Glen Matlock.
Didnt think much of Glen Matlock, Toploader were crap, the Buzzcocks were actually really good and entertaining, and my highlight was the Happy Mondays. They put on a good show and Bez is always hilarious.

Also on a high after the Gig we managed to swindle ourselves into backstage when the Happy Mondays turned up. And met Bez. once we were in there, they thought we were part of the entourage and could come and go as we pleased!

Edited by DogHammer

[quote name='gerryc' timestamp='1407587321' post='2522054']
Hope you got paid

http://m.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/11398758.Forever_Sun_festival_performers_and_staff_claim_they_have_not_been_paid/?ref=la
[/quote]

Not looking good is it? I know a lot of Dorset bands that are very annoyed right now.