Why become a member? ×

Harke LH1000

Fisheth

Hey guys, new bass amp time (and my very first) and I found this one on Thomman for a good price and hearing some samples across the web it sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for. Same with the Hydrive 4X10. My question is, is it safe to run just one of these cabs or would I have to pick up two of them?

Also, is there any reason to not get this amp? Is the build quality not very good? Why's it so cheap?

It's perfectly safe to run one Hydrive cabinet with the LH1000 in bridged mode but just use your ears - if ian amp is making horrible distorting noises that you're not expecting then back off a bit :)

Why are they so cheap? Well the design is so simple it's genius and therefore they keep the price down. It's a great muscle amp with a great pure tone driven by an effective valve preamplifier.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1406406330' post='2511323']
It's perfectly safe to run one Hydrive cabinet with the LH1000 in bridged mode but just use your ears - if ian amp is making horrible distorting noises that you're not expecting then back off a bit :)

Why are they so cheap? Well the design is so simple it's genius and therefore they keep the price down. It's a great muscle amp with a great pure tone driven by an effective valve preamplifier.
[/quote]

What's this bridged mode? Tried to read up on it and wasn't understanding how it works.

The LH1000 is really two LH500's in one box. You can run it as two amps, each amp driving a separate cab or you can bridge the two amps together via a switch on the back to effectively give you one 1000 watt amp

Edited by MoJo