Why become a member? ×

South West meet up?

David Taylor

Apologies for the delay in getting back on this. Things got a little hectic this week as i ended up in hospital, and when i got home earlier today i found my place had been burgled. I'm not really physically or mentaly in a possition to do anything on this at the minute, however i will get back on it once im not puking my guts up every 5mins cause of meds :D

I've talked to a few places, including the Ley Arms mentioned above, but so far they all seem to be a little on the expensive side, unless we get the numbers to help spread the cost a bit

[quote name='David Taylor' timestamp='1407462061' post='2520841']
Apologies for the delay in getting back on this. Things got a little hectic this week as i ended up in hospital, and when i got home earlier today i found my place had been burgled. I'm not really physically or mentaly in a possition to do anything on this at the minute, however i will get back on it once im not puking my guts up every 5mins cause of meds :D

I've talked to a few places, including the Ley Arms mentioned above, but so far they all seem to be a little on the expensive side, unless we get the numbers to help spread the cost a bit
[/quote]
Hope they didn't steal your bass ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I'd be interested in this if it gets off the ground, based in Taunton, but Exeter would be good, can also offer car share if required.
Not the greatest in the world but do enjoy playing with my covers band and we are well booked so must be doing something right lol!

Also be good just to hear from other local people if they want to "friend" me, I'm not a murderer honest lol

Cheers

Steve

Hi Guys, I need some help. I've been designing a bass cab for Basschat and have a couple of prototypes. I think they are great but then I would wouldn't I? I need some fellow bassists to come along and give them a try and make some comments so I can tweak the design.

I'm happy to just organise a venue and meet up and do this informally, or if enough people want to give a little talk on speaker design or to incorporate this into a proper bass bash. All I need is some bassists to try the cabs, I'll organise the rest. Is anyone interested?

I'd look for somewhere Taunton/Axminster/Honiton area probably, though I'm open to other suggestions if someone else can find a pub that will have us.

Edited by Phil Starr

As my job is near Taunton and I live in Hemyock, any of the above areas would work for me. I am always keen to try out new gear.
Jimrs2k has built some Fearful cabs which are awesomely powerful. He lives at Ashcott, on the Bridgwater to Street road so he may be a useful local contact for you.

Edited by GrahamT

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1411148461' post='2557020']
If you'd venture into Dorset/Somerset there's always the Queens Head at Milborne Port, venue from the last Dorset Bash....? Sorry, don't want to hijack the SW Bash but it seems to have gone quiet...?
[/quote]

Yep that's a distinct possibility and there are a group of you who would be happy to meet there I guess.

[quote name='GrahamT' timestamp='1411291091' post='2558101']
As my job is near Taunton and I live in Hemyock, any of the above areas would work for me. I am always keen to try out new gear.
Jimrs2k has built some Fearful cabs which are awesomely powerful. He lives at Ashcott, on the Bridgwater to Street road so he may be a useful local contact for you.
[/quote]

It would be ideal to compare the new cabs with other offerings, commercial or home builds and to try out a range of amps and basses with them. Could be fun.

[quote name='jimrs2k' timestamp='1411405496' post='2559213']
Well if its any use, i could get the skittle ally at the retreat pub, its got a big car park and a fair sized skittle ally.
Its in ashcott on the A39, very easy to find and 12 mins from j23 M5.

Jim.
[/quote]
thats probs doable for me ashcott

and id love to try out some cabs!

andy