Why become a member? ×

Aria 80's Acoustic electric Bass
£120

JazzBassfreak

Trying to raise some funds so I thought if bung this up here to see if there's any interest. I picked this up preowned in the Lake District a few months ago.

Relatively Good condition for its age, all electrics work great, dings on the headstock and a small piece of binding missing, the neck was sanded at some point to make the neck satin smooth, due to this general playing and wear has worn the paint off to the bare wood-feels awesome. It seems it was a bod get sandpaper job as you can still see the sanding scratches where someone went at it, however this didn't bother me when I bought it as the neck feels really great, smooth but a good chunk, like an acoustic bass should be!

Grab a decent acoustic electric worn in piece of awesomeness for cheap! low action, all working as it should, great playability and overall sounds killer through an amp or acoustically. Perfect for beginners or intermediates alike.

Specs as far as I know:

Rosewood fingerboard
Maple neck
Quilt maple top
Fibreglass back
Aria active EQ

Edited by JazzBassfreak

That's an Aria AMB-50, I had one the same - in fact technically I still do - lent it to a mate about 4 years ago & I think he's forgotten it's not his!

Don't think these were around in the 80s, mine was late 90s MIK, and was a current model up until quite recently, I think.

Good basses, quite loud acoustically & quite a nice versatile pre-amp - GLWTS!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1406068665' post='2508136']
That's an Aria AMB-50, I had one the same - in fact technically I still do - lent it to a mate about 4 years ago & I think he's forgotten it's not his!

Don't think these were around in the 80s, mine was late 90s MIK, and was a current model up until quite recently, I think.

Good basses, quite loud acoustically & quite a nice versatile pre-amp - GLWTS!

Jon.
[/quote]

Ah cheers for the info man! Shop owner told me it was late 80's-although he didn't really know much himself. Yup it's a great bass and a steal at that price! Thanks :)

Edited by JazzBassfreak

• 2 weeks later...

Another owner here, mine's in blue though. Tendency to feed back a bit and I was going to experiment with a rubber plug to fill the soundhole but haven't got round to it yet. Was going to comment that they were later than 80's but Jon beat me to it. Think I bought mine around 2001/2002.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...