Why become a member? ×

Rock crowd pleasers with more challenging basslines

flunkie

Smoke on the water, Black Night or Hush all Deep Purple but always seem to go down really well at the end of the night. I know these have been played to death, but there is a very good reason for that................ great tunes, everybody knows them.

Ta very glad

Stuck in the middle with you? Strong bass line but not too tricky. Usually goes down pretty well although more singing / shouting from the crowd than dancing!

And I love playing Fool for your Loving but haven't played it out so not sure how much of a crowd pleaser it is. You'll enjoy playing it though!

I hate it, but it's a usually a huge crowd pleaser with an interesting bass line up the dusty end in the verses: I predict a riot by the Kaiser Chiefs.

Also, Cochise by Audioslave is alright if your singer can manage it.

Bassline in White Room by Cream is not challenging, but still fun to play.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1406018061' post='2507457']
The Seeker - The Who
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Both a bit more complex than root note plodders!
[/quote]

The bassline under the solo in Are You Gonna Go My Way is epic, took me ages to get that right when I used to play it in the old band.

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1406030418' post='2507616']
The bassline under the solo in Are You Gonna Go My Way is epic, took me ages to get that right when I used to play it in the old band.
[/quote]

Makes me feel lazy that comment, I just begin each line with the E-D-E-D motif and riff the rest! Closest I ever get to a bass solo!!

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1406033074' post='2507662']
Makes me feel lazy that comment, I just begin each line with the E-D-E-D motif and riff the rest! Closest I ever get to a bass solo!!
[/quote]

I could never improvise anything worthwhile, so I learnt it note for note from the record by ear.

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1406035344' post='2507693']
I could never improvise anything worthwhile, so I learnt it note for note from the record by ear.
[/quote]

I tried to learn it note by note, then looked at the Bass White Pages and then slowly forgot what I had originally done.