Why become a member? ×

what are your best tips?

julietgreen

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1406153469' post='2508943']
You learn most from someone who knows what they are talking about, even though you do not always agree with them.

You learn least from someone who does not know what they are talking about, even when you always agree with them.
[/quote]

But you learn from your mistake when you realise they didnt know what they were talking about. And thats a lesson you take away with you isnt it ? So you do learn something from someone who doesnt know what theyre talking about, even if its just that they dont know what theyre talking about...
Lets just hope you know what I'm talking about, cos I dont.

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1406195334' post='2509158']
I now live with my drummer (I'm his lodger, it's great!) so i think i am the top trumper of drummer lock-ins (we lock the doors every night!)
[/quote]

I live with my drummer too. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1406273398' post='2509922']
I know a bloke who has a mate who says If you do it under water the glass won't cut you. Try it !
[/quote]

Wow, really!? Next time I wipe my arse underwater I'll definitely try that! :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1405911840' post='2506413']

Absolutely.

Then - when you get a chance - learn how to do a bass set-up yourself. It's surprisingly easy and saves you a fortune, particularly if you're like many BC-ers here and work your way through lots of different basses.

Did I mention not wearing hats with 'Bass Player' printed on them?

[size=3]Even worse than a leather porkpie. Avoid.[/size]
[/quote]ooooh I like trucker caps, I usually wear them on bad hair days

Edited by hollywoodrox

[font="verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#141414"]I heard despite it's popularity, mixing an 18 or a 15 with a 4x10 is a really bad idea. Either will be a weak point in your system. Neither will be able to keep up with a 4x10 in output or in sensitivity. I was told If I really need two cabinets then identical is the way to go, agree or disagree? [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Bottesini Bow Selector' timestamp='1406323118' post='2510712']
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#141414]I was told If I really need two cabinets then identical is the way to go, agree or disagree? [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

In short, agree. :)

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1406292366' post='2510249']
ooooh I like trucker caps, I usually wear them on bad hair days
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with trucker caps. Just don't wear one with 'Property Of A Hot Bass Player' printed on it unless one is the significant life partner of a hot bass player.

So, Mrs Billy Sheehan wearing one would be fine because it would be true, women being the property of their husbands and all that.

[quote name='Bottesini Bow Selector' timestamp='1406323118' post='2510712']
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#141414]I was told If I really need two cabinets then identical is the way to go, agree or disagree? [/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

Opinion is sharply divided about this. Do whatever sounds best to you. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar