Why become a member? ×

de afwerking mk4-4++ - blablas has that building itch again

blablas

Cut the fret slots. Went like a breeze after the previous snakewood one.

This is how I always do it, without any complicated jigs or machines, just a piece of wood with a straight edge, clamped a fraction next to the printed line, carefully press the saw with two fingers against this straight edge and start sawing. Edited by blablas

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1419104923' post='2636688']
think you'll have it ready early next year?
[/quote]
I'm aiming for the end of January to somewhere halfway of February.

Could be even sooner if I decide to go to my workshop at work to do some things that are easier done there than with the tools I've got at home, but I hope this is not going to be the case because right now I'm enjoying my hibernation (a five week vacation from that place).

Edited by blablas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a long time ago I updated something on this build, been busy with other small projects and fooling around with another new toy, a NS-NXT-5 (lefty).
I also did not feel the urge do something on this build, it's finally starting to itch again so I'm hoping to start doing things with this one later on this month, but first I need to finish my Harley Benton PB-Shorty to MMB-Shorty conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

[b]Progress![/b]
I finally spent some time on this build again.

Leveled the fingerboard and sanded it up to grain 1000, there are two coats of Danish oil on it now, I need to do one or two more to keep the fingerboard clean and protected when I'm putting in the frets and finish them off.

Edited by blablas