Why become a member? ×

**FEELER** '2001 EB MM Stingray 3-band eq - possible sale? PICS ADDED!

Captain Bassman

I'm thinking of selling this beauty but just want to test the water first!

I'll post some pics if there's genuine interest but we all know what a Stringray looks like (I hope!). It's absolutely mint, even though it has been used for gigging, and comes with the original ABS flightcase.

Reason for sale - I just don't play it much anymore! And, I fancy one of those Sadowsky hybrid P-J thingies (UV Factor 50, or whatever they're called... :)) or an old 70's P or J Bass :huh:.

Let me know if there's any interest out there, good peeps of Basschat-world! Serious offers only too...

Edited by Captain Bassman

do you have a particular price in mind?? id say around £650-£750 would be what you should expect

does it have the mutes on the bridge?

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='246123' date='Jul 23 2008, 02:20 PM']do you have a particular price in mind?? id say around £650-£750 would be what you should expect

does it have the mutes on the bridge?[/quote]

No mutes Kev but a piece of sponge or rolled up hanky does just fine!

I've seen used 'Ray prices mentioned a couple of other threads so had this price range in mind. Hadn't settled on a price as I wanted to test the market first.

I'll try and get some pics posted later tonight...

Sorry, mistake in my original post! It's a 2001 model! :)

I bought it brand-spanking new from the Bass Centre in Birmingham in mid-2001.

A shipment of 5 new 'Rays had literally just come in to the shop before I got there and all were still in their cardboard packaging. Had a great time with the sales chap unpacking them all to find one I liked - just like Christmas!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='247479' date='Jul 25 2008, 04:09 AM']NO PICS NO BASS
Lol sorry, pictures would speed the sale along though, good luck, very nice basses, i can't understand why so many are just sitting on the for sale forum not going anywhere, in fact i can't understand why you're selling it! Good luck though mate.[/quote]

Ha! I just love those old tumbleweed references!!

Sorry to anyone who migt be interested, just haven't had the chance to take any pics yet this week. I will do so tonight!!

I'm only thinking of selling 'cos I really doesn't get used. It is a great bass, not too heavy and I've always loved the 'Ray sound.

What I really fancy some old-school P bass low-end thump! Been listening to a lot of Rufus etc. lately and just lurve the sound of Bobby Watson's bass ('74 P I think?). How's about the nice little bass line he did on Wacko's Rock With You also? It's THAT sound I want!!!

Anyway, back t'mill...more later!

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='247582' date='Jul 25 2008, 10:00 AM']You'll struggle getting a bite with no pics. Esp at the moment. The market is very slow.[/quote]

Yup, I know that my friend!

T'was just a feeler at first to test the water, as stated in my original post, since there have been a few up for sale lately...and noone's got much spare cash these days (thanks Dubya!) :)

I'm going to post some pics later...