Why become a member? ×

G&L lefty tribute necks!!! DIYers behold!!!

glefty

Not affiliated with G&L in any way but just in case any of my lefty Brit brethren haven't been over to leftybassist.com for a while, $30 for a G&L genuine tribute neck, 4 or 5, maple or rosewood board with 3 nut sizings! Insane, I got mine in 7 days to Japan for $25 postage, $55 all up. It's a gorgeous maple 5 but no decal, nut or neck heel mount holes & frets are a bit sharp but eBay for nut n decal, local luthier for dress n fit n u got a great genuine lefty neck to whack on a body, just be careful of the heel compatibility with some bodies. Wahey!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a foreigner in Japan so didn't pay any duties n back home in Oz we've got a A$1k leeway for this kind of stuff but I guess they slug you guys mightily in the UK with VAT. Still seems like a decent deal for a genuine G&L neck though, even with the extra

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a neck I ordered and fitted to an NRD Basses body. Took a bit of reshaping at the end of the neck pocket to get the same shape as the G&L neck and I had to add some thin mahogany veneer either side of the pocket to take up the slack. Nice and snug now. Also, because the G&L neck has a few extra frets, I had to use a Badass II bridge I had (because of the extra metal [b][i]behind[/i][/b] the screw holes compared to a std Fender bridge) and moved it towards the neck the required amount. And because of that extra metal, it covered the 5 original holes where the bridge would usually go. Everybody understand that??

Here's a spec list:

Body is NRD (ebay and very nice for the money)
Pickup is SD Quarter Pounder
Pickguard is ebay cheapie
Fender Neck plate
CTS 250k Pots
PETP 0.033uF Cap
Hipshot string tree

And regarding the tuners, I ordered a set of MM/G&L USA sized ones and yep, they're too big. I think we'll need to fit 1/2" sized tuners. That's the only thing holding me back. Waiting to hear back from ebay seller about lefty availability of these: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291025101782?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]http://www.ebay.co.u...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]

I've ordered some Tru Oil, and I'll disassemble it all and give it a few coats of that and reassemble. Can't wait!

[attachment=187630:WP_20150327_15_36_57_Pro (2).jpg]

D.