Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY NYC Vintage 5 - SOLD
£2250

Apothem

[b][size=5]BASS IS SOLD[/size][/b]

[size=5]Sadowsky NYC 5 Vintage (= with pickguard, as opposed to Standard, without it), ash/maple with beautiful birdseye fingerboard in vintage tint, in Black Pearl with black pearloid pickguard. Sadowsky hum-cancelling pickups in '60s position and preamp with VTC.[/size]

[size=5]8.40lbs / 3.8kg only, quite lightweight for a 5-stringer. Perfect original Sadowsky case/portabag.[/size]

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='Arabesque-bass' timestamp='1404889949' post='2496644']
This is a bargain people!! If I had the money it was sold allready!!
I guess you are not interested in trades??
[/quote]

No trades, sorry, I am playing much less nowadays and thinning the herd. Thanks anyway.

Well spotted, I completely forgot about that! I apologise, did not mean to mislead anyone. This was the personal bass of a Sadowsky Metro dealer and he did the mod as a matter of preference (likely not to have to touch the pot and change its setting/position when playing live), so now there's the mini toggle switch instead of pull-push. I can confirm that the minitoggle works perfectly and feels very sturdy, that the preamp (standard Sadowsky 2-eq stacked) is very powerful (a little does a lot!!) and that the VTC works correctly in both active and passive mode as you would expect.

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...