Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB2004 (more pics added) price drop *SOLD*
£420

chilievans

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What we have here is a very high quality Yamaha BB2004. The bass is is very good condition and comes with newly fitted strings and padded leather strap. The only reason that I'm selling is that I no longer play and am trying to raise funds for a road bike. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]When new these instrument retailed at £1000. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]This is a natural 4 string thru neck active bass with pj pickups. It is a high quality instrument, largely the same as the still current Nathan East signature Yamaha 5 string. It has individual bridges for each string and quality unbranded machine heads. The are are very smooth. The preamp is based on the Yamaha Nathan East NE-1 EQ pedal, with a sweepable mid control making it easy to get that jazz bass Jaco style growl from the bridge pick up. It can also do a good impersonation of a precision bass. The neck through build means it has no heel and access to all 24 frets is easy. The neck is a medium C shape and it has a low action. The fretboard looks like rosewood, with jazz bass style block pearloid markers. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bass type 4 string fretted [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Neck join Neck Through [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Neck construction 5-piece laminated mahogany/maple, angled headstock [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fingerboard Rosewood board / MOP inlays / 24 frets [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Body Maple (non-figured) top, over alder wings [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Finish Natural Satin [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Pickups Yamaha P/J active [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hardware Yamaha, chrome, gotoh-type tuners, individual bridges [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Electronics Active, volume, balance, 2 band EQ plus sweepable mid-cut [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Pop in and try it out. Free tea and biscuits waiting :) [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Willing and able to post. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thanks for looking[/size][/font][/color]
Now £400.

Edited by chilievans

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I like this bass !!! I hope it is still there when I get back to the UK in September... I find it hard to believe that no one will take it before that, though. Hope it finds a nice home.