Why become a member? ×

Glasto 2014

merello

On me and Debs bucket list and gutted when we couldn't get tickets but not quite as bothered now with the bad weather situation.

Going to try again for next year.

Plan was to hire a motorhome for a week and make it part of the holiday

Hardly anybody on the bill I am really bothered about seeing but think its worth doing once in a lifetime ( still getting over the knebworth zeppelin gig in the mid seventies and only getting one junction up the motorway before sleeping in the car lol )

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1403902456' post='2487669']
Yes, I quite liked Foster The People too. New name on me. We were treated to a nice lingering shot of the bassist's pedalboard too! :)
[/quote]

I always think they should have called themselves Foster The Children. That would have been a really positive message To be fair though, I don't think being in band would be very conducive to providing adequate foster care, what with touring schedules and recording commitments, ect. :mellow:

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1403971358' post='2488228']
...and getting sick of HAIM. Clearly a talented bunch of ladies (gent drumming?) but I get very tired of their music very quickly.
[/quote]

Arguably the most Jewish-sounding band name in mainstream rock music.

I have been watching the BBC coverage intently for two days. I have to say, most of the acts so far have been incredibly poor, even by Glastonbury's very low standards. I have also seen one of my many women from about fifteen years ago featuring as a backing singer for one of the acts . She is looking hotter than ever nowadays , even at Glasto. I am glad she has managed to move on with her life without me.

Lets face it, with so many stages to fill, it has to a case of quantity over quality for most of the acts on at Glastonbury. . I have, however, been most entertained by the BBC Introducing stage featuring unsigned bands, despite the fact that most of them are abysmal ( in fact, probably precisely because most of them are abysmal). It all bodes very well for the future, because most of the acts on the bigger stages have made a career out of mediocrity, and some of these new acts may one day reach that standard.

Everything I have seen so far has been total sh*te! Lily Allen's band were in time and in tune which is more than I can say for the rest of the bands I have seen. Admittedly I haven't seen every minute of coverage, but I am hoping at least Metallica will do something decent despite not being a huge fan.

Jack White's band is awful. Truly awful. I can't remember watching a worse act at Glastonbury, had they played together as a band before today?! Just a mess of sound and ideas, even the White Stripe covers were just terrible.

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1403982267' post='2488331']
Quite enjoyed 'what's his name (forgot)' Kuti.....Nigerian band...great grooves :)
[/quote]

I think I'm watching this on the Red Button now. It IS Groovy! :-)(Edit It's actually The Daptone Soul Revue, but they still sound great!)

As for Jack White, he mucked up the timing on "Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground". Sounded. really obvious too. Unfortunately, there sounded like there was LOTS of feedback onstage for most of his set too!

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1403991958' post='2488430']
I was at the legendary 1993 milton keynes matallica gig so it can never be topped but im enjoying it so far, Lars is a bit crap in places, I dont know any songs after the black album and I miss Jason. :)
[/quote]

Lars is certainly a bit BALD in places! ;-)

Damn good show so far! I imagine the roof will be blown off the stage if/when "Enter Sandman" gets played!