Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[media]http://youtu.be/wfA6pFoRHuk[/media]
Franck Avitabile - piano (Steinway 'D' #576749)
Pino Palladino - electric bass
Manu Katché - drums
From the album "Paris Sketches" (Dreyfus Jazz / Sony Music © 2009)
composed by Franck Avitabile

Edited by steve-bbb

The Skints - Part & Parcel

So much talent in this band it's bizarre, four piece band and three of them are awesome vocalists and lyricists in addition to their instrumental duties. If you have any interest in reggae at all buy it. Less punk than their first album, and way more diverse from track to track, stunning when you think they had to use pledgemusic to get it made in the first place. Best band in the country at the moment?

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1334594569' post='1618222']
The Skints - Part & Parcel

So much talent in this band it's bizarre, four piece band and three of them are awesome vocalists and lyricists in addition to their instrumental duties. If you have any interest in reggae at all buy it. Less punk than their first album, and way more diverse from track to track, stunning when you think they had to use pledgemusic to get it made in the first place. Best band in the country at the moment?
[/quote]

Got that album the other day, its really great. Can see it being the soundtrack to my summer!

Im giving the new Cancer Bats album a listen. Its not bad but a bit repetitive if anything. Im finding that with alot of heavy stuff nowadays.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzG3Q9uiBgY[/media]

So sad, so very very sad.

And some rough song ideas from a potential guitarist for a potential band. I forgot that some guitarists are actually good, I'd more or less given up hope.

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='buenavista' timestamp='1335025898' post='1624956']
Rush - Power Windows.
[/quote]
Superb! Probably my favourite Rush album, and the soundtrack to my move to London when it came out, great seeing the window displays with all the old tellies in Virgin Records Tottenham Court Road, made me feel right at home :D

Been listening to some New Orleans soul/funk compilations - lots of Meters, Allen Toussaint, Eddie Bo, Betty Harris etc. Fantastic feel and rhythms, different feel from most 60s soul and of course most of the basslines are played by George Porter which is always a bonus.