Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, WinterMute said:

Bat Out of Hell, obvs...

Full 10 minute rock opera magnificence, someone need to remix that sucker though.

I haven't heard that album for over 30 years, but I seem to know the majority of the lyrics!!

And it does seriously need a remix.

2 hours ago, bartelby said:

I haven't heard that album for over 30 years, but I seem to know the majority of the lyrics!!

And it does seriously need a remix.

It's not an album to be careful listened to and the mix dissected.  Just play it LOUD!  

RIP - Rock In Paradise!

Edited by Richard R
But I do agree, it would be even better with a careful polish by Steven Wilson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Some years ago, I edited out all the chaff/speaking/nonsense from WTTPD; so much better.

1 hour ago, Nail Soup said:

That's the problem with spoken word or other interludes on records. They get old quicker than the music.

Those bits are very much of their time, but who can edit out Chris Barrie's slightly dodgy impersonations?? :o 

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

That's the problem with spoken word or other interludes on records. They get old quicker than the music.

I had a very dear departed friend (old guy, father of a good friend of mine) who narrated passages for a prog band from Florida; he sent me a CD years ago and I profess to never having listened to it.

I've just fired it up.  It's on Spotify.  Will be nice to hear his voice again.*

[Edit.  *Blimey, I just heard the first bit where he talks and - despite it being a load of proggy tosh/nonsense - it was quite moving just hearing his voice after so long.]

Edited by NancyJohnson

Steve Wilson, the man’s a genius who plays with some of the finest musicians in the world. 
Guthrie Govans solo in this is not the fastest shred or the most complicated arrangement, but the way it builds and the feeling put into it, I think makes it one of the finest played. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An album that should be listened to as an album - I like the atmospheric recording and the way tracks are slow and build - nothing too attention grabbing. In a way reminds me, in terms of instrumentation and sounds of one of my all time favourite albums Jim White's The Wrong Eyed Jesus. It's from 2012 - the previous album, perhaps more acclaimed one - Hadestown is more in the vein of Tom Waits. 

1 hour ago, lemonstar said:

An album that should be listened to as an album - I like the atmospheric recording and the way tracks are slow and build - nothing too attention grabbing. In a way reminds me, in terms of instrumentation and sounds of one of my all time favourite albums Jim White's The Wrong Eyed Jesus. It's from 2012 - the previous album, perhaps more acclaimed one - Hadestown is more in the vein of Tom Waits. 

Superb album.

I'm a huge fan of Anais Mitchell, I've got everything she's done.