Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 27/10/2021 at 14:39, thodrik said:

I have been really enjoying the new Green Lung album, Black Harvest. 

They have been picking up quite a bit of mainstream attention, The Guardian even did an article about them. 

Critics could call them Sabbath clones, but there is enough of a twist for me to stop them being too derivative of other bands. The guitar work for a start has loads of Brian May influences which I really like. I also love the way that they have a lot of old school English folk music influences and despite not being a massive fan of organs, I think that the addition of a full time organ player really helps the band. I really like the production too. Sometimes they remind me of what would happen if you mixed Black Sabbath and Boston.  

Between that an Boss Keloid, both of my favourite 'heavier' albums this year have been released by bands from England, which is a nice change. There is of course the new Mastodon album out this week which I am looking forward to as well. 

https://greenlung.bandcamp.com/album/black-harvest

I'm looking forward to seeing Green Lung at Damnation next weekend, they and Boss Keloid are both on the stage I'm working (though I think I'm watching someone else when Boss Keloid are on)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

They don't have a bad album, though Down On The Upside comes close 😂, but yeah Batmotorfinger is clearly a banger too

I prefer Down On the Upside to King Animal. Although Rowing is better than anything off DOtU...