Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

It's a long time since I have sat down and listened to a CD all the way through.  However, prompted by a post I made on another thread, I dug out my copy of the Fotheringay album and sat for 47 minutes transfixed.  I bought the vinyl LP back in 1970 and went to Newcastle to see them perform.  The album was very rarely off my turntable and I purchased the CD copy when it was released.  

It is a few years since I listened to it but the wait was worth it.  The end of the 60s and start of the 70s brought us the "Folk/Rock" era, with Fairport Convention, Pentangle, Fotheringay etc taking the popular music scene in a deeper direction.  Sandy Denny had a wonderful voice and the whole ensemble worked very well together.  A great album by a talented group of musicians.

• Like 1

... so, this is a Christmas song from 1975 that I bought as a kid. It was a double A-side (the flip side being the more familiar In Dulci Jubilo) and reached the Top 10 in that year.

It used to make me feel happy and sad in equal measure - still does!

And the first line surely has to be the most surreal opening line of any Top 10 hit ever!

I've been a on a bit of a trip down memory lane lately. The Tom Robinson Band - Power In The Darkness, seems just as appropriate for the times now as it did back in the day and Van Morrison's, Astral Weeks is as much a piece of genius now as it was back in 1968.

For something I've been listening to lately, 

https://youtu.be/bikIdnMf2gs

Edited by durhamboy
correction
  • Like 1