Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

17 hours ago, Triumph_Rock said:

Is it me or is that slightly above concert pitch?

You could write a book on what's going on in that video. 96M views. If it was one view per sons it would be 2% of the planetary population, but I know I've watched it twice for a start.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

1 hour ago, Graham said:

@bartelby and @Nail Soup I can heartily recommend Emma Ruth Rundle's new collaboration with Thou

https://thou.bandcamp.com/album/may-our-chambers-be-full

It's like if Alanis Morissette wrote a doom album

Yes. I’ve been meaning to get that.

If you’d like to hear something akin to a psychotic version of Emma Ruth Rundle I recommend anything that involves Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, her solo stuff or the colab with Cult of Luna)

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Yes. I’ve been meaning to get that.

If you’d like to hear something akin to a psychotic version of Emma Ruth Rundle I recommend anything that involves Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, her solo stuff or the colab with Cult of Luna)

I Love Julie Christmas - Made Out Of Babies are brilliant and Mariner could be my favourite album of all time, I even have a tattoo inspired by it 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I Love Julie Christmas - Made Out Of Babies are brilliant and Mariner could be my favourite album of all time, I even have a tattoo inspired by it 😎

I was worried that Mariner might have been  Cult of Luna’s best, but A Dawn to Fear showed they haven’t peaked yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Is it me or is that slightly above concert pitch?

You could write a book on what's going on in that video. 96M views. If it was one view per sons it would be 2% of the planetary population, but I know I've watched it twice for a start.

My ears aren't trained enough yet to be able to tell if it is above concert pitch! Which I take to be 440hz. 🙂 That is a big amount of views for sure! 

1 hour ago, Triumph_Rock said:

My ears aren't trained enough yet to be able to tell if it is above concert pitch! Which I take to be 440hz. 🙂 That is a big amount of views for sure! 

Nor mine... I just noticed I was bending the strings up when playing along 🙂

• Like 1

Spliff - Spliff Radio Show...

Album with a Radio Show Format - each track a different style, with light hearted adverts!

German, 80's Electronic Disco Punk Funk... a bit 'Tubes' esq

Edited by PaulThePlug

One of the most exuberant and joyful songs I know. 

I’ve been listening to it a lot this year

13 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

That's a fantastic show! I have some Bela Fleck but not this one. Bela makes the banjo cool. Just that's one heck of an accomplishment!

5 minutes ago, Triumph_Rock said:

I just watched Rammstein in Paris on Amazon Prime, hilarious and excellent, great show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

I just watched Rammstein in Paris on Amazon Prime, hilarious and excellent, great show.

Cheers, for the heads up! I just so happen to have Amazon Prime, so will have to give that a watch!

Listening to Rammstein through Rammstein headphones, which are very good for Metal.

20 minutes ago, Triumph_Rock said:

Cheers, for the heads up! I just so happen to have Amazon Prime, so will have to give that a watch!

Listening to Rammstein through Rammstein headphones, which are very good for Metal.

I dislike live videos usually, almost never watch more than a couple of songs but watched this in it’s entirety and thoroughly enjoyed every minute, and the bass player plays a Sandberg model that I’ve just bought. Cracking show.

• Like 1