Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

35 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Young Aston Barrett 

The best percussion performance of the modern age, Bunny Wailer, there, understated I think you might say, fabulous. I find it very difficult to watch this without selling everything to buy a Jazz like the Family Man's.

• Like 3

I've been listening to a lot of ambient lately - which is actually quote a normal thing anyway and I'm not sleeping well atm - which is pretty normal for me - and if I'm not listening to a podcast as I fall asleep I'll be listening to something ambient on quite a low level. ATM it's Marconi Union

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lemonstar said:

I've been listening to a lot of ambient lately - which is actually quote a normal thing anyway and I'm not sleeping well atm - which is pretty normal for me - and if I'm not listening to a podcast as I fall asleep I'll be listening to something ambient on quite a low level. ATM it's Marconi Union

Try some of this guy. I find it very atmospheric. Bassist Evripides Evripidou.

• Like 1

Just watched Supersonic.

Worth watching, but frustrating in that it didn't really explore the music, ended at Knebworth without actually documenting the split.

Thing that struck me most was that whenever one of the other nband members was in shot when Liam or Noel was holding forth they either looked deeply embarrassed or were desperately trying to look like they were enjoying the joke...

I'm really hoping that everyone who reads this thread at least gives a few of their seconds to having a listen to what other people are listening to.

It's 8.55am.  I've just fired everything up in the home office (aka the dining room), so it's time to decide what I need to listen to.  Today, well this morning at least, it's going to be Lindsey Jordan, aka Snail Mail.  It's a delightful mix of lo-fi with a Pavement/The Cure style bent. 

9 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I'm really hoping that everyone who reads this thread at least gives a few of their seconds to having a listen to what other people are listening to.

Well said. I have dipped in and tried a few.

Usually love Tiny Desk Concerts, but finding this one a hard listen purely down to the sound of the drums. They usually get the sound much better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I couldn't get past the boringly strummed jangly guitar, droney voice and worst of all, the violin bass.

😁

A girlie I used to work with saw them supporting Interpol at MSG last year, she remarked how good they were live.  Interestingly, also on the bill were a band called Car Set Headrest who have also popped up in despatches recently.  Might give them a spin later as well. 

Currently I'm spinning Sugar.

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I try to listen to most unless its something I know, or I know I am going to not like it. Couldn't get on with her voice on that one.

2 hours ago, TrevorR said:

For some reason, right now I’m on a bit of an After The Fire kick... Been listening through their “Complete CBS Recordings” double album (all three 70s/80s albums plus Der Kommisar and bonus tracks).

Haven't heard that for decades. For some reason if you'd asked me who it was by I would have said the Sweet! I only remembered the 'lazer blazer love' bit.

Art of Fighting - Runaways - small label band you probably don't know - don't let the stupidly inappropriate name put you off - it's sweetly sung music for sensitive souls.
This is them live 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvdDXL8VYGg

Destroyer are another great (basically one man) band with an off-putting name - that are also worth checking out.