Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

Hey @Frank Blank take a listen to this. Not as well known as the Beyond the Missouri Skies album with Pat Metheny but just fabulous night time listening 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LewisK1975 said:

Just heard Journey's 'Who's crying now' on Planet Rock.

Lovely Bass sound on that.

One of my fav Journey songs.

Put me in mood for this Journey song where the guitar solo at the end is simply phenomenal for me. Loved his tone.

Randy Jackson on bass too. Big fan of Ross Valory tho who usually does an great job of playing exactly what the song needs but Randy added something more IMHO Took me a few shots to get the right version i was thinking of.

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sunny Day Real Estate and Rival Schools today, it's been an emo/post-hardcore type morning

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ve been enjoying listening to this today...

• Like 1

I forgot just how utterly, incredibly f***g awesome this was:

Heard this on Planet Rock this morning, this track has passed me by, hadn’t heard it before, Joey B an absolute masterclass in guitar playing, stunning.

1 hour ago, steantval said:

Heard this on Planet Rock this morning, this track has passed me by, hadn’t heard it before,

You don't listen to Planet Rock very often then 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I love the audience awkwardly trying to move to something which, whatever it is, is certainly not 4/4...

P.S. thanks for introducing me to that 🙂

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Love Fishbone. 

Off the back of the Matt Garrison above, I’ve been breaking out the fusion again the last few days whilst having to work from home. Garrison, Scott Kinsey, Janek Gwizdala, Chick Corea, Hadrian Feraud Etc. Always worrying because as soon as I start listening to fusion for any length of time I want to play it, and I don’t currently have any basses that are really great for it......which of course means I start wanting to buy something......

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Off the back of the Matt Garrison above, I’ve been breaking out the fusion again the last few days whilst having to work from home. Garrison, Scott Kinsey, Janek Gwizdala, Chick Corea, Hadrian Feraud Etc. Always worrying because as soon as I start listening to fusion for any length of time I want to play it, and I don’t currently have any basses that are really great for it......which of course means I start wanting to buy something......

Then might I offer this up for your listening pleasure? Return To Forever's 30th anniversary tour. I was most fortunate to catch this live down in Phoenix. IIRC, their performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival (18 July 2008) is available on Blu-ray. Here's the show from San Sebastian, Spain a week later. Stanley Clarke's extended acoustic and electric bass solo is wonderful. I was 10 rows back and had an excellent view of his hands. I'm not even that good in my dreams!

EDIT: The bass solo included here is half of what I saw/heard. Still excellent, but a shame that the full solo wasn't committed to tape.

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not and album or track but currently listening to Lisa Tarbuck on Radio 2 who is playing some absolutely spiffing music including Talking Heads, Annie Lennox, Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry. Glad I tuned in as I've been bopping round the kitchen to music genres I don't like.

If I'm not mistaken it will be followed by Johnnie Walkers Rock Hour😀

Edited by naxos10

Posted (edited)

I appreciate it's an eclectic mix, but surely Doris Day had one of the best voices of her era?

Edited by naxos10
  • Like 1