Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

8 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Sat in the car, whilst my girls are in Taekwondo class, listening to:

Hmm... looks like high carbon tool steel from the shape of those sparks.

Tina Turner - We don't need another hero.

Have to do a transcription to the next Thursday rehearsal. That very probable synth bass has few peculiarities that take time to catch.

On 08/09/2019 at 23:31, dmccombe7 said:

Any help to you ?

Thanks, I need to compare this to my trial. TABs are not my cup of tea, so may take a while. Let's see... No, I am not very good at TABs. I may be old fashioned, but I read notes better. This is my approximation of the bass line.

We dont need another hero.pdf

Edited by itu
additions

4 hours ago, bartelby said:

Sat in the car, whilst my girls are in Taekwondo class, listening to:

I would have thought you would be listening to Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas 😀

• Like 1

a fair bit of the criminally underrated 23 Skidoo who old Peelie was a tad fond of . Most of their tunes had some nice bass bubbling away. This is one of my faves..

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

a fair bit of the criminally underrated 23 Skidoo who old Peelie was a tad fond of . Most of their tunes had some nice bass bubbling away. This is one of my fave tunbes

Excellent band, saw them at Futurama 3 (1981 I believe). Burnt my leg jumping over a bonfire I seem to recall, then again I was very, very... drunk.

I’ve just binge listened to whole of Spotify’s ‘Stay Free’ podcast series, the story of one of my favourite bands of all time, The Clash. 

It’s superbly researched and put together, and while I didn’t really learn anything I didn’t already know, I really enjoyed it. 

Highly recommended if you love The Clash.  

A song by Kasabian that I’m learning for the band. I’ve had the damn thing on repeat in the car all week trying to learn the arrangement. I bloody can’t stand Kasabian and consequently am unfamiliar with their oeuvre. Listening to them on repeat reminds me why...

25 minutes ago, pst62 said:

This from 1981. Whatever happened to Sketch?

Front.jpg

I think he joined the recently mentioned 23 Skidoo after Linx. 

• Thanks 1

The debut album from The Utopia Strong (Steve "Interesting" Davis, Kavus Torabi (Gong/ Cardiacs/ Knifeworld/ Guapo) and Michael J. York (Coil / Teleplasmiste / Guapo)) is released today. So while I wait for the vinyl to arrive I'm listening to it on Bandcamp.

Here's a sample:

• Like 1

The new Subhumans album, Crisis Point.

Edited by doomed
  • Like 1

Take a listen to this even if you aren't a Tull or a bass cover fan.

This is probably one of the most astounding basslines ever. Credit must go to Dave Pegg, Glenn Cornick and Bach for their roles in creating this... and Troy for managing to cover it.

Just listening to Lemon Jelly’s excellent album Lost Horizons for the first time in many years, so good. Several tracks are joyous, not an epithet I can attribute to much music I listen to...

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 3

Groundhogs, "Thank Christ for the bomb". Specifically, the track "Eccentric man". I've just listened to all the others. When it's finished, I'n going to play the whole album again.

Really rough, but very, very satisfying production on this record. 1970s for you, I guess. Bass sounds like it's clearly going direct. I can't work out if they've taken another feed or mike off the amp.

I'll be giving these freshly arrived oldies a re-listen later, remastered etc...

IMG_20190916_125615_459.jpg

• Like 1