Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Right now I'm listening to "The Ferryman's Curse" by the Strawbs.

I've bought every album they ever recorded and Dave Cousins has pretty much chronicled my life - and this, their latest, is superb.

When so many bands of the seventies are - quite understandably - trading on their back catalogue, I love the fact that DC still has things to say. His voice is sounding weaker these days (although apparently he recorded the vocals for this while nursing a hernia so that might explain things) but it suits the introspective nature of the songs well.

I'm so gutted that I missed their recent 50th anniversary tour....

Edited by Skinnyman

4 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Right now I'm listening to "The Ferryman's Curse" by the Strawbs.

I've bought every album they ever recorded and Dave Cousins has pretty much chronicled my life - and this, their latest, is superb.

When so many bands of the seventies are - quite understandably - trading on their back catalogue, I love the fact that DC still has things to say. His voice is sounding weaker these days (although apparently he recorded the vocals for this while nursing a hernia soon that might explain things) but it suits the introspective nature of the songs well.

I'm so gutted that I missed their recent 50th anniversary tour....

Shouldn't you be at work? ;)

Bad Skinnyman! :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Early retirement, young whipper-snapper

*in the voice of Eric Idol in Monty Python*

You, lucky, lucky b'stard! :D

I am so jealous!

When I asked my boss about me taking early retirement, he said "be careful what you wish for Teebs!" - so I think I'm good! :D

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Teebs said:

*in the voice of Eric Idol in Monty Python*

You, lucky, lucky b'stard! :D

I am so jealous!

When I asked my boss about me taking early retirement, he said "be careful what you wish for Teebs!" - so I think I'm good! :D

Depending on how stocks and such like perform after The Big Day in March (or whenever), I may be looking for something in April....

But for now 😀😀😀😀😀

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Opeth - Sorceress

I gotta say that sounds flipping' awesome. Way better than the studio version!! Might have to pick the Bluray.

When did Martín Méndez start using 5 stings?

Edited by bartelby

Mostly TED talks  on topics of particular interest to me such as  the development of sustainable technologies and systems, new eco construction methods, minimalism, linguistics, education and general psychology.  Can get really hooked on TED and watch loads back to back. If anyone here doesn't watch them I recommend you should! The better ones often offer some light in this increasingly dark world!