Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

15 minutes ago, adi77 said:

sometimes i dont understand genres where they start or end lol

I wouldn't worry about it.

The hair splitting definitions of the various subgenres of metal has become truly ludicrous in recent years.

No one agrees on which bands fall in to which categories anyway.

Edited by Cato

11 minutes ago, adi77 said:

sometimes i dont understand genres where they start or end lol

Then I clearly know more about music and am obviously a better person than you 😁

It does all blur a bit between sub-genres

Guest adi77
Just now, Graham said:

Then I clearly know more about music and am obviously a better person than you 😁

It does all blur a bit between sub-genres

xD

I think the best definition of 'is a band *really, really* metal' is if the font they use for the band name could be mistaken for a Relentless energy drink. The more indecipherable the lettering, the closer to death (or beyond death?!) the music.

• Haha 1

I’ve dusted off my Miles Davis Porgy and Bess CD. I urge anyone who hasn’t heard it - it’s 60 years old - should do so. It’s been described as Trumpet and Bass (Paul Chambers) with orchestral accompaniment but there’s a lot more to it than that, especially Philly Joe Jones’s drum fills.

7 minutes ago, bassace said:

I’ve dusted off my Miles Davis Porgy and Bess CD. I urge anyone who hasn’t heard it - it’s 60 years old - should do so. It’s been described as Trumpet and Bass (Paul Chambers) with orchestral accompaniment but there’s a lot more to it than that, especially Philly Joe Jones’s drum fills.

Have this on LP.  I've just checked the various dates and they go as follows - recorded 1958.  the outer sleeve says published 1959 but the disc label says 1963.  Confused.  

I've moved on to a compilation of Bach's Cello suites having recently seen a clip of Stanley Clarke butchering Suite no 1 in G major recently. Ralph Kirshbaum is making a much better go of it. :biggrin: 

Mixes for our new album that seems to have taken for ever to put together....

Got to choose which mixes of which tracks to put on it and choose a sequence in the old fashioned way.....the way some of the others are referring to SIde1 and Side2 suggests that they may have ideas of pressing up vinyl as well as release on the usual formats (CD, iTunes, amazon)..

We'll see

Just found this concert on YouTube.

The Dukes of September (2014)

Three legends on stage together, Donald Fagen, Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald.

Backed by a killer band with an awesome guitarist called Jon Herrington.

This is really classy stuff played by top notch musicians.