Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='steve-soar' post='726649' date='Jan 27 2010, 06:13 PM']
It's too late to what?
Her stage school training has come in very handy to help her sound like Adele, Lilly and Amy, she's a genius.[/quote]
Yeah but what's your point, Steve? Everyone has deep strong influences. You're not saying Adele, Lilly and Amy are innovators, are you?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='726649' date='Jan 27 2010, 06:13 PM']
It's too late to what?
Her stage school training has come in very handy to help her sound like Adele, Lilly and Amy, she's a genius.[/quote]
OK, I've listened to all and decided it's generic pop pap, some nice songs on there but trying to be American and failing, not quirky enough to be classic British. Rubbish. I put the blame squarely on the record company's and the producer's shoulders.

Florence however is great, she sounds a bit like Chrissie Hynde actually.

I have been a massive Rush fan since pre pubic times. When Lifesons solo effort Victor came out in the 90's I was skint and then forgot about it. I remembered it a few weeks and an ebay click later.

What a find ... but not as good as Geddy Lee's solo, but still bloody good.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='728585' date='Jan 29 2010, 12:27 PM']I have been a massive Rush fan since pre pubic times. When Lifesons solo effort Victor came out in the 90's I was skint and then forgot about it. I remembered it a few weeks and an ebay click later.

What a find ... but not as good as Geddy Lee's solo, but still bloody good.[/quote]
You know what, I was going to mention Victor the other day on here. I really like it.

Never heard Ged's, must check that out.

Cheers.