Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

mmm, well right now i'm listening to sex machine, cause thats what i'm playing on the bass (which is on my lap as i type this).

but this week so far i am mostly listening to mr scruff, sharon jones and the dap-kings, chris ballew (presidents of the usa) solo stuff, and mark morriss (of the bluetones) new album.

mainly cause those are the cd's in my car!

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='253097' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:17 AM']mmm, well right now i'm listening to sex machine, cause thats what i'm playing on the bass (which is on my lap as i type this).

but this week so far i am mostly listening to mr scruff, sharon jones and the dap-kings, chris ballew (presidents of the usa) solo stuff, and mark morriss (of the bluetones) new album.

mainly cause those are the cd's in my car!

x[/quote]

One of my cello pupils gave me the Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings album last week. I really like it!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='253099' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:22 AM']One of my cello pupils gave me the Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings album last week. I really like it![/quote]

yeah! i have a few of their albums, incredible! i'm spreading the word.

x

Van Halen - Best of Both Worlds

Just driven from Blackpool to Brighton and back in two days, my radio packed up and the only tape (yes I know) in my car was Aerosmith - Big Ones - What a great collection of songs; kept me rockin' for 600 miles anyway!

J

Albums by a new singer songwriter from Chicago called David Thiele and a band called Millicent Friendly (who sound like Jellyfish). Both are £5 downloads from a really good independent music website called www.cdbaby.com as recommended by NancyJohnson on this site.

People moan that the net's killing music - but I listen to/buy a bigger variety of stuff now than I ever did.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='253377' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:38 PM']Albums by a new singer songwriter from Chicago called David Thiele and a band called Millicent Friendly (who sound like Jellyfish). Both are £5 downloads from a really good independent music website called www.cdbaby.com as recommended by NancyJohnson on this site.

People moan that the net's killing music - but I listen to/buy a bigger variety of stuff now than I ever did.[/quote]
Agreed, the internet is VERY beneficial to music, just not the big music business. Which IMO is a good thing in many ways.

Am currently re-organising some stuff in my itunes folder, so daren't listen to anything from the computer in case my poxy external hard disc decides to randomly delete stuff again, as it does anytime I try and do more than one thing at once from it. :)

So I'm listening to a minidisc of a DJ set I did a few years ago. Mostly breakbeat stuff - just gone from Stereo 8 - Get Above Yourself to Seconds Out by the Autobots. Can't remember where it's headed next but I'm loving it at the mo'.

Before that, I was listening to a mix of Smashing Pumpkins, AC/DC, RATM, Howlin' Wolf, Wildhearts, Isley Brothers and some Hendrix.

I've had Master of Puppets on in my mates car for the last 2 days, as much as I love that album already, it's been a good while since I listened to the whole thing more than 3 times, I honestly think it is the best thrash metal album ever, and since educating my ears for a long time, I can finally appreciate everything going on, not just Cliff.

Damage Inc. at a very high volume, through a good hi-fi system, equals smiles and goosebumps time :)

Edited by Josh

The new David Byrne / Brian Eno single, [i]Strange Overtones[/i].
Available from their website, [url="http://www.everythingthathappens.com/"]Everything That Happens Will Happen Today[/url]. It's good. Weird, but good.