Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

It appears that I can't stop listening to Vulfpeck. I mean, it's super funky and great and I'm into playing the funk style myself, but I am starting to have difficulty listening to anything else! Every day when I'm practicing my theory (I've picked up the bass again after a very long hiatus), once I'm done, I immediately get a couple of Joe Dart's lines playing and jam along.

Then the inevitable bit where he seems to turn into superman happens, and I just sit and listen.

Out of interest, as I'm completely new to this site, what similar bands to Vulfpeck's style could anyone recommend? I'd love to hear them (and finally break this addictive loop :) )

11 minutes ago, Quaddy said:

Out of interest, as I'm completely new to this site, what similar bands to Vulfpeck's style could anyone recommend? I'd love to hear them (and finally break this addictive loop :) )

Snarky Puppy might float your boat.

‘Murmur’ by R.E.M. for probably the first time this century. I was a massive fan and from the mid eighties until the early nineties was obsessed with them. I think ‘Murmur’ is one of the strongest, most self assured debuts by any band. I think I’ll be revisiting the rest of their back catalogue now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HengistPod said:

"The Boys Of Summer" by Don Henley, and wondering how we're going to re-arrange it seeing as we don't have a keyboard player. Reckon I might get away with playing the main keys motif high up the neck while the guitarist does the noodly bits. :)

• Like 2