Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I’ve always been into world music as they call it and having Indian neighbours who once every now and then turn the music up I’ve Shazammed a few tracks. 
this one is marvellous 

Dhvani Bhanushali Has a wonderful voice as does Jubin Nautiyal

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 2

Was playing this in the car an hour ago as it was pedal to the metal down the M5 . This takes me back to the end of my clubbing days. This was a banging tune played across the nightspots of Europe at the turn of the Millennium,played and produced by a couple of Danish former classical percussionists 

With this thread on 425 pages, I'd err that posts this far down will be skimmed past.  Anyhow, here's today's listening.

Momma are a three/four piece from Los Angeles, soundwise let's just say they lean heavily on Veruca Salt and there's elements of Smashing Pumpkins and Motion City Soundtrack kicking in too.  The new album is superb, 5/5.

The studio is certainly their friend, the live stuff I've seen is a bit patchy, but I reckon give them a year or two, they'll be main stage fodder for Reading/Leeds.

• Like 1

I’ve been revisiting Steven Wilson’s To The Bone album. Hard to pick just one track, but I’ll go with the title track, which features Mark Feltham on harmonica, the tone of which makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2008 at 16:32, phil_the_bassist said:

o yeah, and I'm listening to Ramble On by LedZep atm, it's the only band I can play at work without gettin shouted at!

That’s no bad thing 😂🤣